No more......

babs609

Stinky smell from my hair and clothes

Burning my finger because the cigarette stuck to my lip....and then the lip missing skin. Double ouch

Ashes in my car

Dirty looks from strangers who judged me as a person because I smoked

Living my life around that one cigarette.

What's your "no more?"

• Like 4

Burning my finger because the cigarette stuck to my lip....and then the lip missing skin. Double ouch

How does one let this happen? lol  I get everything else but this sounds like you were smoking more than one cigarette at once.

My no more is that guilty feeling of doing something that I know was slowly killing me.  No more guilt.

• Like 1

no more running to the shop or garage at silly times or adverse weathers because you ran out

no more stinky clothes, car and hair

no more standing outside public places trying to hide from passers by in shame

no more tight chest

no more cough

no more money going up in flames

no more extra stress or loss of time

How does one let this happen? lol  I get everything else but this sounds like you were smoking more than one cigarette at once.

My no more is that guilty feeling of doing something that I know was slowly killing me.  No more guilt.

Lol. Holding the smoke in your mouth while doing something with your hands...hold it there long enough And the moisture glues the butt to your lip. That never happened to you?

In month. Then radiation. And one injection for year. But hardest part for her over.

Recommend all smokers spend some time with anyone in chemo. Then light up and post how you feel. If stupid isn't the first word then you need to spend more time. Quiting is so much easier than the treatments.

Quiting is like eating candy compared to chemo. We whine moan and bitch about dreams, urges or triggers but none of those ever took your hair, memory, appetite and energy. Made you weak for months, weight loss, diarrhea, shakey, and generally run down.

Not saying it's easy peasy. But it is a turkey sandwhich compared to the risks you take by not quiting. I couldn't imagine chemo for someone who hasn't quit and got the health strong feelings we all got after just a few months.

• Like 8

Hugs to mrs Bakon.......

Your honest post brought tears .......

I too watch my other half suffer every day......yes he smoked....but working with asbestos all those years have made matters much worse....

This is my ....no more......

• Like 3

In month. Then radiation. And one injection for year. But hardest part for her over.

Recommend all smokers spend some time with anyone in chemo. Then light up and post how you feel. If stupid isn't the first word then you need to spend more time. Quiting is so much easier than the treatments.

Quiting is like eating candy compared to chemo. We whine moan and bitch about dreams, urges or triggers but none of those ever took your hair, memory, appetite and energy. Made you weak for months, weight loss, diarrhea, shakey, and generally run down.

Not saying it's easy peasy. But it is a turkey sandwhich compared to the risks you take by not quiting. I couldn't imagine chemo for someone who hasn't quit and got the health strong feelings we all got after just a few months.

Crying for Mrs. Bakon...but glad the very worst is over.  (((Mrs. Bakon and Bakon)))

• Like 2

No more waking up and feeling like I haven't slept. 

No more counting to make sure I have enough to get me through until morning. 

No more rushing through fun activities with the kids so I can go get my fix. 

No more interrupting a conversation so I can go outside. 

• Like 3

Glad the worst is over and thank you for sharing Mrs. Bakons story here.  If her story convinces just one person to put them down for good, perhaps then her suffering through this treatment will have a positive as well. 

• Like 3