I hate to have to share this after 5 years of being smoke-free, but it was bound to happen...

I caught a cold. :)

Not once since I quit smoking have I had so much as a sniffle, but I came down with a pretty bad head cold last week.

Back when I was a smoker. I'd be knocking at deaths' door and would still smoke a pack a day. Coughing and wheezing the whole time.

I remember how when I would get sick, it would always move down to my chest and would take weeks to get back to feeling semi-normal and even then, my cough would sometimes stick around for months. This time, I started feeling bad last Friday, got really bad by Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and here I am on Friday -a week later- and am almost back to 100%.

I hope you're all doing well.

NOPE!

• Like 6

Sorry that you were sick, but thankful that you recovered so quickly and soundly. I just knew that I was fixing to read that you had caved and smoked a cigarette. HaHa So glad that you are all about NOPE! 😎

• Like 2