Quit For Life

Kdad

Hey gang.

I am starting from square one again. I relapsed but now quitting for good. I am using the CDC online resources called Quit For Life. It has some new tools like 24/7 chat. I am finding it very helpful. So I am two days into my quit. Help me make it the last quit for good.

Thanks

• Like 9

Okay, this is embarrassing, but I dreamt of you last night. A purple walrus, what is down with that? I also dreamt of Opah? Do I just have people on my mind I don't know but care about?  Is it because I am struggling too?  I do not have a clue.  The only thing I know for sure is that I care about how others are doing.  I care about their struggles. It makes me keep fighting for sure. I am blessed to have one friend here that I talk to that listens to me bitch, whine and moan about all my troubles. I am surprised she has not sent me a bill for services rendered.  

The point I am trying to make is that this place works.  We can come here and throw our struggles to the wind, discuss our difficulties whatever they may be, celebrate any wonderful things that come into our life. We can count on acceptance, advice, congratulations and support. 

I know you have had a hard time with this as have I.  I want to smoke, right here, right now but I am not going to do it because I am here typing these words.  I know that strength is coming, I just need to be patient for the next post that will calm my shattered nerves. Just realize it is okay to struggle, it is okay to ask for help, it is okay to be patient for strength.  That is the only way to get thru this, one minute at time, I know you can do it because I am doing it.  I am patient! 

• Like 6