Advice

Matthew0225

Do it! No matter how ugly, messy, and hard it is. Quitting smoking is the best thing I have ever done for myself. You will not understand it until later in your quit and it happens at a different time for everyone, but quitting smoking is freedom. One day it will dawn on you that you are not answering to or consulting with your nicotine cravings for permission to live your life and that day will be the day that you are free indeed!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Matthew0225 said:

What would you say to somebody thinking about quitting?

Thanks,

Matthew

Hi Matthew....

I would say ....Take a seat on the Train ...Look and Learn ....knowledge is what you need to Quit ...

Hang around a while ....you,ll understand ...why you should Quit ...and we will help you Quit ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Quit for a week then go smell someone who smokes, it stinks! And that will be you, you just can't smell it right now because smoking kills your sense of smell. 

The health benefits should speak for themselves but if you'd like to be attached to an oxygen leash, keep smoking because that's my brutal reality of smoking for 35 years. I didn't quit in time but you hopefully can......

Edited by jillar
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You don't hear successful quitters saying they regret quitting smoking.  It may have been tough early on but they made their lives far better with time.

You do, however, hear people who didn't quit smoking say they regret it when dealing with lung cancer, emphysema, heart disease, erectile dysfunction, infertility, losing fingers and toes (Buerger's Disease) and so many other problems people don't initially associate with smoking,

I quit for other reasons, not just health, but I had no clue to the number of serious health issues that were directly related to smoking before I quit. 

The benefits to quitting are great and the potential horrors of continuing to smoke are great.  It's your choice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1