Robbie is One Year Smoke Free Today!!!

jillar

Hello @Robbie! I miss you girl! It’s funny how special the attachments are to those that are newbie quitters around the same time you yourself are! But I have faith in you! After a rough start you battled right on through all while suffering the more oppressive Covid restrictions!! I know that you are still smoke free and I hope that you are still out and about enjoying your music!! Take care Robbie! I will not forget the journey we traveled together along with a few others. I will not forget the promise we swore to each other. NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! I surely will not! 🤗

• Like 7

Hi everyone and thank you for the messages on my One Year Smoke Free Anniversary! It's great to be able to say that when I never seemed to get through more than a few days or weeks smoke free in the past. There have been a few things that helped this time; Quit train is one, the terrible shortness of breath and bad cough I was experiencing and also the fact that Covid hits smokers much harder than non- smokers. I quit during a lockdown and was hit quite hard with depression at that time, but I decided to just go with it...and eventually I came out the other end of the depression. These days things are much better in my world, there is plenty of live music around again and I play myself with friends every now and then. I had to spend three days in hospital four weeks ago, to have a small operation (nothing too serious!) and again I am SO GLAD I'M NOT A SMOKER as I had to have an anaesthetic and I know that in the past I would have been battling with withdrawal symptoms. So all in all it's been a tough journey but well worth it. I love being a NON SMOKER!! Thanks again everyone. 

earth music.jpg

• Like 11

good-morning.gif

Way to go Robbie. Congratulations and welcome to the Lido deck. I too quit during the beginning of the pandemic and I can contest that it wasn't easy. Thank God for all the support from the riders here on the train. Don't forget to reward yourself today for this great accomplishment.

• Like 6