Justin enters no mans land 32-38

Day 32.  (180.2) Today I enter the period many refer to as no mans land.  I've seen varying dates but generally its referred to as the first few months after month 1.  I think of it as the period where the initial excitement of quitting (meme celebrations every couple days, telling your friends, etc) wears down and you just face your life w/o cigarettes.  There will still be plenty of triggers/reminders as you continue relearning to do normal activities w/o cigarettes.

My plan for getting through this month is:
1)  Continue having wife hide the keys during the week.  I'm going to keep them Fri evening - Sun evening.  Towards the latter part of this month, I will start adding days that I keep them during the week.  This is my version of NRT and seems to be working.  Plus I'm saving a lot on gas since I ride my bike more.
2)  Continue posting a lot.  It's my therapy.

• Like 6

As you know- Posting and reading saves many quits! Congratulations on entering no man’s land!   The thrill of quitting is more quiet  here for a bit- but it never goes away!!  Keep it up - you’re doing great. 

• Like 7

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. No man's land isn't scary, you just need to stay focused. You have certainly got what it takes to get through this stage too!

Edited by Sunnyside
  • Like 5

JustinHoot99, you can do this.  I use to stop at the same gas station every day on my way home from work and purchase a pack.  I loved talking to the man behind the counter.  When I quit, I took a different way home from work.  I did not go back for a year after I quit.  It was such a good feeling to finally just stop in for a visit.  Every day

you get stronger.  Keep your wonderful quit going.

Martin_Ginis.jpg

• Like 5

You are doing great, Justin.  No Man's Land is different for everyone and some really don't get hit that bad.  It is the feeling of accomplishment from beating early craves and keeping the quit may seem a bit old and not exciting.  This is the time you need to stay vigilant, though, and keep posting if needed.  You are slowly starting to adjust to life as a non-smoker and that is great thing.

Great job!

• Like 4

Just stay positive Justin ....Don't lose sight of the prize ....

I didn't enter No Man's Land ...I was so happy to keep hold of my two feet that were in jeporady....

Every day was a bonus to me ....no negative thoughts...🐸

• Like 3