Romancing the Smoke

From time to time I completely forget that I ever smoked.

Other times - a little trigger kicks off somewhere and I think...hmmm "I would enjoy a cigarette right now".

Often this feeling comes over me at work. Early in my quit - I would fight these craves by going for a walk - and now walking has become a bit of a habit - it clears my head, gets my heart beating.

Now, if I ever get a tiny trigger at work - I go for a walk and specifically I go past the smoking area...

IMG_0113_zps0f7d51ee.jpg

Mmmmmmm......do you know - I am not sure I would enjoy a cigarette now - or ever.

• Like 9

I actually looked at the cigs while in a shop in Woking on Sunday... £9.20 for a pack of Marlboro's... that stopped any romance, right there, lol.  How on earth I spent that amount of cash on smokes for a little over a day is quite frankly ridiculous...

• Like 5

I actually looked at the cigs while in a shop in Woking on Sunday... £9.20 for a pack of Marlboro's... that stopped any romance, right there, lol.  How on earth I spent that amount of cash on smokes for a little over a day is quite frankly ridiculous...

Quite so.

Also - look out for Woking...all those shops are bad for your wallet! ;)

• Like 2

There are times when I could one-hit a 2 ft long cigarette, but I would never do it. I hardly ever think about smoking anymore, sure I have my moments, but it's more like an annoying little mouth-hit crave than anything else.

My quit has been easy this time compared to other times, and I'm thankful for that. The planets seem to line up just right for me this time.  :)

• Like 3

Holy mackerel that's disgusting, funny how before we would not take any notice of such things

Now if anyone romances they have to get a spoon and tuck into that bucket as that's pretty much what we used to put inside our bodies no difference except the outfit/casing

And here I was disgusted I had a McDonald's today

As they say romance is dead

• Like 2

What makes me laugh is the two pretty girls who take great pride in their appearance and doubtless spend a fortune on perfume who spend a fair portion of their day standing either side of that bucket blowing poison at each other...

And for years, I stood right there with them.

Madness.

Scoobydoo I can't understand you

I like telling people to go lick an ashtray when the get urge after more than month quit. Smell and taste are big turn offs due to improved senses.

Smell worst that woman in flip flops

• Like 1

What makes me laugh is the two pretty girls who take great pride in their appearance and doubtless spend a fortune on perfume who spend a fair portion of their day standing either side of that bucket blowing poison at each other...

And for years, I stood right there with them.

Madness.

Recently I discovered that there is hardly anything more disgusting than the smell of a heavy smoker wearing what seems to be a whole bottle of perfume, who do they think they are kidding? Yuck.

I'm just glad I never saw the point, it's actually worse than just the stale smoke.

• Like 1

I very very seldom romance the cigs or have any triggers anymore...but every once in a while it will hit me.  Last night we were woken up by the tornado sirens.  We had tornado warnings in my area.  Well I thought about smoking for 2 reasons.... one... i wanted a reason to be retarded and go outside at 2 AM to watch the storm to see if I could see any tornado action.  2nd... is a combo of stress... my youngest (8 yr.) is at her very first camp and I was worried about her and second...I have this huge tree that when the wind blows it slowly sways over the top of my house... all alittle nerve racking.  The thought did pop in my head...but there is absolutely no chance that I will ever smoke.

and ya'll are right...that picture is disgusting... but alittle over a year and a half ago... I would not have thought twice about it.

Keep on keepin on Bandito.

I've not romanced smoking for a long time now.  Sure, I think about smoking because it was a part of my life for so long and engrained in every waking moment of my life.  Just like you never completely forget your first love, you'll never forget that you were once a smoker.  Now when I think about smoking it's in the sense that it was something that I used to do but have no desire to do so now.  No more romancing, just remembering how much better life is not smoking.  :)

Every time Sarge hears "Romancing The Smoke" or "Romancing The Cigarette" he sees this:

$T2eC16hHJG8FGr1FqonmBR-F(lRDpg~~60_35.J

(It's Dan DeVito in his role in "Romancing The Stone" [1]... Romancing A Smoke.)

Easy Peasy

FOOTNOTE:

[1] Holy Penguin, Batman -- it that cheezy movie really 30 years old now? Fark! The Sarge has gotten old.

• Like 1

Yuck....to think wedid that.

I am truly long past romancing the cigarette although I have had one or two moments were the 'thought' of a nicotine free vape has crossed my mind, I won't lie, but a good old distraction sorts that thought right out. Just glad I've got the cigarette crush out of my sysyem....yuck times a billion.

• 7 years later...

Thought I would bump this ....

Remember ..you are giving up NOTHING....it's a addiction ...like any other addiction ....

You don't smoke for pleasure ..you smoke because you have too...

That little NICO monster comes calling ..every half hour or so ....

You have to fight him...every time you stay strong ...he dies a little 🐸

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 3