Finally, I'm living up to my username.

Day 13 here, day 2 with no nicotine gum. It took me a while, but I finally made it. There's really no withdrawl to speak of, just substituting regular gum and it works just fine. I'm really glad I quit this way, it worked well for me now the rest without nicotine at all is up to me. Luckily, I forgot to bring the nicotine gum to work with me a couple of times and I didn't smoke so I have no fear of relapsing at work anymore. This quit will be as long or short as I make it, glad to be back in the drivers seat. Thank you all for your support.

• Like 14

I had my blood test and it came back normal. It's great news and really nails home the quitting smoking theme. For those just tuning in, I had a high white cell count and the doctor said to cut down on smoking and take another blood test in three months. So now I have proof that smoking was to blame for my abnormal blood test and as long as I don't smoke anymore I will probably not have to get a bone marrow biopsy. I am so fortunate that this was found in it's infancy stage when quitting smoking now can make all the difference.

• Like 13

• 5 weeks later...

Update, slipped around smoking 1 or 2 cigarettes until I finally broke down and bought a pack. Smoking was hard to do breathing-wise. I felt like someone was squeezing my lungs. So I read and reread Alan Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Smoking until it finally soaked into my brain. Today I am on day 2, I have no withdrawal symptoms and a very positive attitude. Thanks to everyone here who hung in there with me when I was floundering.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear you relapsed again @nicotine_free but good for you for getting back to it. You're not the first chronic relapser to ride the train so I'm going to have faith in that you'll find your forever quit. Maybe next time try an SOS?🤔

Edited by jillar
  • Like 4

You sound like you truly are just done with it this time @nicotine_free! If you start even thinking that you’re gonna start thinking about smoking again, please remember that feeling: “I felt like someone was squeezing my lungs.”  Because that’s what smoking does. Constricts and squeezes until you can’t draw a breath on your own anymore. I do hope you stay close. We ARE here for you! 

Edited by Gus
Grammar
  • Like 6

I agree ..it's good you have jumped back on the Train ....sometimes you just need that last reminder 

Of how stinky and crap smoking really is ...

You are ready to have your forever quit now ...so let's get you to the Lido Deck 😁...

• Like 6

I glad you got right back on the train after your relapse. That just shows that you really want to be smoke free. So, keep fighting those cravings because you deserve to be nicotine free. Just have faith in yourself.

• Like 5