Quitting

Kdad

3 hours ago, Kdad said:

Thanks for all the support!! One thing I am doing different is when I have a crave I go outside, breath in the fresh air, enjoy the moment. Taking these breaks really helps. I used to go outside to smoke so I am replacing it with a good habit. Plus I am using the lozenges. 

Good for you, Kdad, and congrats on day 2!  Early in my quit, getting out and walking the dog was the only thing that I truly enjoyed.  The combination of fresh air, exercise, and a wagging tail worked wonders. Try a dog break if you have one handy.  

• Like 3

Hey @Kdad How are you doing? The first few days are so hard. You are not alone. We have all had to do it. Once you get thru it things will get easier. We have all had to deal with the pain and struggle. We understand.    If you have smoked you just have to try again.  I am 8 months out and I still crave but I know I can do it.  You will find the peace to keep going.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Kdad said:

Relapsed again but quit 6 days ago. Today was the hardest yet. I maintained the NOPE!!! Wish me luck. 

Hey Kdad, congrats on 6 days quit.  Keep the quit and you will not have to go through these early days again, which are the toughest.  It does get better with time. 

No need for luck, just adhere to NOPE.  Promise yourself not to take another puff, even if it is a day at a time, and keep making that pledge.  You can do this.

• Like 4

Welcome back, @Kdad. Great to hear from you, and congrats on 6 days smoke-free! That's wonderful. I think every smoker has a unique path to freedom, but we all eventually converge through one door: NOPE. You and @johnny5 nailed it with those four powerful letters. Take good care. Post often. Keep busy. Strategize in advance for what you will do instead of smoking when the urge strikes. Scream and holler if you need to. Ask questions. We're here to help each other Keep the Quit. 

nopedoor.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kdad said:

Relapsed again but quit 6 days ago. Today was the hardest yet. I maintained the NOPE!!! Wish me luck. 

You can do this Kdad.  Nothing has changed from your first quit except that you keep giving into your junky brain.  Breath deep and keep moving forward.  Post an SOS if you are going to smoke.  Give us a chance to talk you off the ledge!

• Like 6