Boo Is 6 Years Smoke Free Today !!!!

Doreensfree

Congratulations Dear friend ...

Carnt believe it's 6 years since you came and sat next to me on the Train ...

Soon you re about to be given the best Reward ever ...your Son ...to go along with our Princess...

Your journey has been a exciting one ....for you and for me ...

Thank you for being my Friend 

I'm so happy and proud for you ❤️❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Boo, this is an amazing quit. Plus, congratulations on the upcoming birth of your son. Your continued support of others on the train is truly appreciated. Thanks again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations boo! I've loved watching you go from bachelor to a married man in love with his new family while still making time to support your fellow quitters. 

Thank you for sharing both with us 🤗

R.847963e83520b7dc4663fb909389db63?rik=G

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you kindly for all the well wishes and atta boys.  Your messages are much appreciated.

13 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Congratulations Dear friend ...

Carnt believe it's 6 years since you came and sat next to me on the Train ...

Time flies when you're having fun.  I still remember well straggling in here not really knowing my ass from a hole in the ground.  Now, the Quit Train is like home away from home for me.  Taking the ride with good folks like you has made this one hell of a trip.  Viva la Horny Toad!

6 hours ago, Mac#23 said:

Your continued support of others on the train is truly appreciated. Thanks again.

I will always owe a debt of gratitude to the Quit Train.  I signed up here six years-ago.  Folks that didn't know me from Adam's housecat took time to show me the way.  I will always appreciate that.  I like to think that I've helped some folks who started their journey after me and also honored those who came before me.

6 hours ago, Paul723 said:

Your life has changed in remarkable ways and I think quitting was a catalyst for the changes.  

I had no idea what was in store for me when I quit smoking.  Made a commitment to change one thing about myself.  Quickly learned about the ripple effect that was to follow that one big decision.  Quitting changed the entire game and I'm thankful every single day for the process.

4 hours ago, jillar said:

Congratulations boo! I've loved watching you go from bachelor to a married man in love with his new family while still making time to support your fellow quitters.

A lot can change in six years.  Quit smoking.  Quit drinking.  Became less impulsive and self destructive.  Started living like an actual adult.  Got married.  Started a family.  I became one of those "boring" middle-aged men...and I wouldn't change it for anything.

1 hour ago, nicotine_free said:

I'm on day 11 and six years seems like an eternity today. Thanks for proving it can be done!

In week two of my quit I was still white-knuckling it.  I didn't even quit for the day, I was just looking to make it one more hour.  I dealt with the next hour when it got here.  Becoming a permanent ex-smoker was an idea I still couldn't wrap my head around.  Fast-forward to today and I can't remember the last time I craved a cigarette.

It took some time, but the pieces of the puzzle fell into place.  You will get there as well.

And now...we celebrate!

Edited by Boo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, catlover said:

When is your Son due, it can’t be long away now.

Due date is April 16.  Only five weeks away.

We're almost into the full-on pacing phase.

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Boo...

Wot a ripper quit.

Not much to say that hasn't been said but...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

for your support,

For your guidance

and so many freakin laughs.

For graciously (& unknowingly) accepting the role as my quit brother... I mean thinking of ways to shit stir you (poke the bear) got me through many a crave...don't think I've ever confessed that before... I mean  pointing me to stick of the day I'm sure you weren't expecting to see welding sticks or the total lunacy it devolved into...so for anyone wonder @Boo is 100% responsible for the genius of stick of the day. Seriously though, I'm sorry if any of the shit I pulled hurt or upset you... stirring the shit outta someonelse is a pretty immature way to cope with your own crap but please know you dragged my arse through some really dark places, and down under havin a sledge or hangin shit is how we treat our mates. 

Just wanted you to realise just how much of a difference you did make and still do to people all over the world. Those tin lids of yours really lucked out in the dad department.

Oright, enough of that crap.... great job mate, ripper quit for a bonza bloke. 😀

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Boo said:

Due date is April 16.  Only five weeks away.

We're almost into the full-on pacing phase.

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney TunesThat’s fantastic, I,m excited for you. My Daughter in law is also 35 weeks pregnant with twins,she’s, expecting to be induced next week 16 th March. All the best to you and yours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DenaliBlues said:

You're showing me that it's not just theoretically possible to quit... it's ACTUALLY possible to quit, and to get happier and more whole as a result. That gives me hope, and helps me trust in the messy process. 

Trust the process Denali.  The process is 100% effective every single time.  You're doing great.

14 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Seriously though, I'm sorry if any of the shit I pulled hurt or upset you... stirring the shit outta someonelse is a pretty immature way to cope with your own crap but please know you dragged my arse through some really dark places, and down under havin a sledge or hangin shit is how we treat our mates. 

We're more alike than you might want to think Looney Bird.  Sugar Britches cannot understand why I say nice things about my friends behind their back, but call them "idiots" and "fart-knockers" to their face.  It's all for shits and giggles.  Besides, if those slap-dicks ever caught me being nice to them I would never live it down.

11 hours ago, catlover said:

Best wishes to your Daughter-In-Law and the little dynamic duo.  Twins will bring a lot of excitement to the table.  Just facing the fact that we're going to have two under two years-old here at home is a reminder that we will be busy for a while.

10 hours ago, garry mhudson said:

Wanda Jackson! Nice touch. That`s going back a few years!

What can I say, I've been told more than once that I have an "old soul."

• Like 4