Week 2 without a car

Start of day 11.  5:45am - Time to get out and do my HIIH workout.

Personally, I think lack of exercise is the reason for many peoples health issues.  Obviously not everything can be addressed w/ exercise, and some people are limited due to certain conditions, but the vast majority of people are capable of incorporating some form physical conditioning in to their lives and would greatly benefit from it.
Just what everyone needs, health advice from a smoker of 40yrs. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Finishing up day 12.  I was kind of bored being around the house.  So despite being only around 12degF out, I rode my bike about a 1/2mi to the store just to get a bag of spinach.  Quitting smoking is saving me a ton of money on gas right now.  I've been thinking that when my 21days is over, I'm going to allow myself access to my car is steps.  May have wife keep keys hidden during the day while she is at work, then give them to me when she gets home.  I work from home and my work can get pretty stressful sometimes, but other times it can get really slow and boring.  Both of those cause cravings.  Eventually I will have to learn to handle that w/ access to a car, but I wouldn't mind waiting another month before I have access while I am working.

• Like 3

@JustinHoot99 You have more control than most. For instance, I would have bought junk food. You chose spinach! How fantastic is that.  That takes commitment. Just look at smoking the same way. You have already done the hard part.  Now it is just behavior thing, we all have to change our mindset. That first part is really hard because we are addicted. The second part, to change how we think takes some time.  We just have to take it a day at a time.  I am still not there yet but I know we can get there.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kris said:

I would have bought junk food. You chose spinach! How fantastic is that.  That takes commitment. 

Actually eating raw spinach is pretty easy at the same time being healthy.  I use it on sandwiches.  In its raw form, its almost tasteless. So you can add something healthy and not even notice it.  I wouldn't touch it though if it was cooked.

It's day 13.  Yippee.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sunnyside said:

Seems like you have a good plan with the car.

Not something everyone can do, but it really reduces the cravings.  It's like the subconscious knows there is no access so it says "why bother now" and is mostly content to just sit back and wait till I have access. This time I'm going to take my time and slowly introduce access to my car.

• Like 3

On 3/13/2022 at 10:50 AM, JustinHoot99 said:

Actually eating raw spinach is pretty easy at the same time being healthy.  I use it on sandwiches. 

You can mix in spinach with just about any meal.  I made an omelet this morning and mixed in some spinach.  Also had a green drink this afternoon, which in spite of its appearance tastes really good with a bit of mint.  We even make sure that our one year-old daughter gets her spinach by mixing it in with things she does enjoy eating.  She's a picky eater, but she's only one so she's easy to trick.

Strong to the finish cause I eats me spinach...

popeye the sailor man GIF

• Like 4

Don't get wrong I eat it but I do mix it in to other foods.  Eggs, casseroles, pasta and soups and salads.  I just have to hide it, I grew up with a Mom that cooked it done to mush. @Boo, you are doing it the right way, slowly introducing new foods.  You never know until to you try it.  My son, around 4 or five, learned to go around dinners out or with family, are asking can I try that, or you going to eat that. I think the only things he will not eat now are things he is allergic to. 

• Like 1