Staying busy helps

Sunshine

Yesterday I got a bed frame delivered and decided to put it together. It's one of those frames where you don't need a box spring just a mattress on top. Well it took me two hours to finally get it right. Something a 10 year old could probably have done in half an hour. But when I finally finished and sat down I realized that the whole time I worked on that frame I never thought of a cigarette. That for me was a first. First time without the constant thought of cigarettes felt so good. So I got out of my pajamas today and decided to find things to do to focus on something other than smoking. Staying busy does help. 

• Like 7

What they said. It does get easier but it won't so long as we cave to the crave. Have patience with yourself. Know and trust that it will pass. I think we can trust @jillar and @Doreensfree on that score. I am experiencing much more freedom these days so I can safely represent that. But I don't know (yet) what it feels like to be fully out of the woods. I am very vigilant. Spent about an hour on here just looking at relapse stories. Not sure why but I am really grateful for those who posted. Keeps me honest.

Thank you everyone-hope your day(s) are going well!

• Like 3