Try try do

Kdad

Glad you're back again @Kdad, I can't imagine having to do this over and over again. I suspect when you do finally get your forever quit you'll be kicking yourself for why it took so long..........Let's get this done!! :) 

• Like 5

One thing that has helped me is singing the No No song by ringo starr. Maybe you remember it, it goes:

No no no no, I don't smoke it no more

I'm tired of waking up on the floor

No thank you please it only makes me sneeze

And then it makes it hard to find the door.

Now I've added a little fun into my quit. Try it you might like it!

• Like 5

Keep going for it @Kdad the thing that helped me was the realisation that I kept going around in circles. Everytime i smoked i wanted to quit, but everytime i quit that cigarette felt so precious to me. I knew that i had to just plough through whatever came my way. Or i would be stuck in that cycle forever  and that was somewhere I didn't want to be. Take it day by day but try to say, im not going to smoke no matter what you throw at me.

I hope that helps you in anyway.

• Like 5

Aww Kdad ....

You remind me of that little Hampster who carnt get off the wheel going round and around ...

It painful to watch ...

Ok ...Firstly ....Where was the SOS ???......if you don't give the members here a chance to help you 

Before you smoke....we carnt do anything after the fact .....

Why have you got ciggerette,s at close hand ....lighters ect......free yourself of all these things...

There is NO slip....it's a conscious decision to throw your precious Quit down the toilet....

We all want you to succeed ...to support....and get you to Freedom ....

But you have to want to be there ...you have to fight ...🐸

• Like 5

Kdad, I spent time where you are at right now.

I kinda, sorta wanted to quit for a while, but wasn't ready to put in the work.  I would abstain from cigarettes for brief periods.  Then, I would find an excuse to light up again.  And typically before I had even ashed out that cigarette, I was thinking about quitting again.  It was a rotten process that accomplished nothing.

One day I decided enough is enough.  I quit smoking.  Made the commitment and was relentless with that commitment.  There were challenging moments but I am grateful that I finally quit once and for all.  It is truly one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

I've been down both paths at that fork in the road you currently find yourself at.  One path will beat you down and goes nowhere.  One path has a few bumps in the road but leads to the promised land.  Proceed wisely.

image.thumb.png.6e55b982e8e4fef3732daaa02ec2ed24.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1