My fitness pal

beacon

The only thing I do not like about MFP is that want you to eat back the calories that you burned with exercise.  For example, I have my calorie goal set at 1600/day.  I burned 725 calories this morning, so my daily goal temporarily changes to 2325.  I usually ignore that.

This.

I hate that it adds the burned calories back into ones that you can eat. I ignore that too.

I am back to my pre quit weight yay hello tracey where you been these past 7 months oh I know hiding behind that fat ass of yours lol

I have been managing my portion control and doing stretching and toning exercise I have joined my fitness pal

What a great tool I recommend it to anyone I find it useful as I plan a meal ahead so in the evening I out in breakfast etc and if I'm on a social I put in the booze so I can manage how much I am drinking as well as eat healthy

I am on maintenance now as I dint want to loose anymore weight so this tool is great to make sure  I get the right food

My exercising is ok but want to get out more I don't do classes yuk all those sweaty people in one room yuk again it's the great out doors calling me and this tool makes me do more as seeing it in print makes you challenge yourself more

So anyone struggling with their weight try this my fitness :)

Traceyhicks90 is my member name

• Like 3

The only thing I do not like about MFP is that want you to eat back the calories that you burned with exercise.  For example, I have my calorie goal set at 1600/day.  I burned 725 calories this morning, so my daily goal temporarily changes to 2325.  I usually ignore that.

I love this.

I set it up so that it allows me to lose half a pound a week or so. I tell it that my life is largely sedentary (it is). It gives me a target of 1630 per day. Eat that, be sedentary and I will lose weight. Then - I link MFP to my Fitbit (Fitbit.com). This measures my steps. MFP calculates that actually - I am not being sedentary - I am burning more calories and adds them in. 

The sun is shining. I quite fancy a couple of cold glasses of something white and bracing tonight...so - I get off my ass - and make phone calls while walking around the park, racking up enough calories to have a couple of glasses.

Days that I want treats - like maybe a sweet dessert or a couple more glasses - then I make sure I walk a lot (preferably playing golf!) - 

Most days - i bank extra calories - and end up finishing well under the target - and hence I'm losing weight more quickly. I LOVE this - it is teaching me so much about portions, about nutrition and about the VAST amount of crap that is being pushed at us by the food companies

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Who is still logging at MyFitnesspal?  I have been using livestrong for the last month or so, but signed up for myfitnesspal to see if I like the app/website sync better.  Anyone have some tips and tricks for myfitnesspal? 

Also while I'm thinking about it.  When I set up MFP it gave me 1800 cals a day.  Can you change that?  on Livestrong I was at 1700 a day and I feel that is better.  Heck. who knows.. I might need it even lower?

• 2 years later...