HELP!!!!!!

Kdad

@KdadHi! I'm glad you are here. Like you, I have relapsed before but this time I am determined not to get caught up in the loop of smoking. Its tedious and robs me (and everyone around me) of joy. I guess what I would say that if you are alone, all the more reason to reach out to people on the internet. I am also involved in NicA and they have meetings at all hours, on zoom and another application called Paltalk. People to talk to and share with so we don't go back to our old "friend" nicotine.

• Like 4

@Kdad, glad you're back on your quit. El Bandito is right though that an SOS works best when done BEFORE you smoke. Stick close this time and lets get you quit once and for all!

As far as your ticker goes, you need to delete the old one first and THEN make a new one

• Like 3

Aww K dad ...

Im always saddened when I read you have thrown away your wonderful Quit ....

Glad to see you back ....

My advice is participating in the board strengthens your quit ...some folks can manage just popping in 

Others have to stick to the boards with glue...I feel you come into  bracket B...

You have to keep busy ,so your not bored ...there are a million things to do ...games jigsaws, puzzles,do anything to get you through ..chew regular gum to keep your mouth busy ...

You know you can do it ....we know you can do it ....let's get this done ..once and for all ....🐸

• Like 4

Welcome back, @Kdad

I'm sorry you quit but I'm glad you are back.  I can tell you from first-hand experience that the cycle you are in, quit/relapse/quit/relapse really sucks.  It is torture.  You are miserable when you are smoking and you know you need to quit and that you would be better off if you quit.  You quit for a certain amount of time, keep thinking about smoking, and eventually relapse.  The thing you need to do is quit and quit for good.  In fact, I think I may have said this exact thing the last time you came back from a relapse.

Time to quit for good and quit torturing yourself.   You may struggle early on but you'll be much better off long-term.  Remember and believe the fact that smoking does absolutely nothing positive for you.  All the supposed benefits to smoking are lies.  There is no downside to quitting but there are tons of downsides to staying a smoker.

Stick close to this site.  Pledge NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) daily and mean it.  Reach out for help BEFORE you smoke.  Read up on info about nicotine addiction here.

Time to quit, @Kdad  You can do this.

• Like 4

You need to get rid of the smokes you have, totally destroyed or down the toilet.  I know how hard it is be alone all the time.  You did not smoke because you were bored, you smoked because you are seeking comfort of some kind. I know I always think I would feel better if I could just smoke.  I am 7 months in and I still think about it everyday.  The fact is I do feel physically better but not mentally better yet.  Everything is still a work in process.  I am not willing to give up.  I will not!  You know you can do it. You will reach your goal and long as you don't give up. You have stumbled but you can get up and walk again.  We all believe in you.  

• Like 3

KDAD, glad you are back.

I agree....post an SOS before you smoke! People will come out of the woodwork to help and support you!!

I needed to use the SOS before and they stayed with me until I was feeling steady again, it's quite amazing.

Since you are home all the time, spend a majority of your time here.

I was glued to my forum, it was my saving grace.

If you don't want to post, then read or play games or watch videos.

It's always your decision to smoke or not. Commit to your sticky quit - you can do it - you can!

And please get rid of the cigarettes, ash trays and lighters!!

Do you have a mantra that resonates with you? (Mine was Smoking Is Not An Option....No Matter What)

It's tough but doable!!!!

• Like 4