1 month smok free

TONY

hi pat been away for a few days  yesterday was a full month free .so so proud .also i have saved £616 thats one more reason to quit .plus i feel so much fitter more steps whit out stopping to catch my breath .should have done this a long time ago.so any one trying to quite stick with it. hope u all had a nice xmas. hope all are being strong in 2022 HAPPY NONE SMOKER.

• Like 8

@TONY Good to hear from you and you are doing so well.  Does make you proud, to know you can do it.  I think that is the one thing that keeps us going.  We thought we could not do it and then here you are at one month down.  You have got this!

• Like 2

thank you all nice to be back..the hardest part was over xmas when i had a few pints .but i took control ..i can bye some new fishing rods ..does any one like fishing .cant wait to go  fishing  thats going to b hard  i smoked not far off 20 fags ..when fishing  .hope 2022 is a better year for us all stay strong KEEP THE FAITH

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TONY said:

i can bye some new fishing rods ..does any one like fishing .cant wait to go  fishing  thats going to b hard  i smoked not far off 20 fags ..when fishing  

Fishing without cigarettes is much better than fishing with them.

For one thing, I no longer waste half the day worrying about my smokes getting wet.  I had a special container for my cigarettes.  I would put that container inside a Ziploc bag.  Then that bag went inside my dry bag.  Far too much attention on cigarettes when the goal of the day was to catch fish.

Smoking demands that it be front-and-center regardless of what you're doing.  Take away smoking and you can really focus on the things that matter.

• Like 3

I love to fish! I smoked less when I was fishing. I could go hours without smoking. I am always so at peace when fishing. I can totally lose myself. I have not been in forever and I aim to fix that real soon. Congratulations on your month quit! 😎

• Like 1

Hi gus. Nice to hear from you yes fishing is good if you have any problems u can sort them out. It’s so relaxing. Were do you fish. Since the wife passed i don’t fish as much but I’m getting my life back on track. Keep the faith 

• Like 1

I fish a lot, the restaurants used to love me until COVID.  Just kidding, I did fish and camp all the time. It was our family outing time and vacations. The best was going to the grandparents in Maryland, fishing and crabbing. It started my love of seafood.

• Like 1

@TONY Well, I was fortunate enough to have my own pond for years, after my husband passed I eventually had to let it go because of the cost of upkeep and due to quite a few years of drought in my area. 💔 But I will fish here, there, and anywhere!!! LOL Ponds, rivers, lakes, streams, off the pier, and in the surf! It’s all good! I am not a deep sea fisher lady though. And the one type of fishing that I have never tried, but want to is fly fishing. I’ve sorted through many an issue and planned some life altering moves while fishing! It’s good for my soul! I hope that you can get back to fishing soon! 🤗

• Like 1

That’s awesome @Kris! So much of my life has been centered around camping and fishing also! 🤗🎣🏕

2 minutes ago, TONY said:

Hope to go to France to catch the big monsters

Save up the money from not smoking and plan that trip!! 😎

• Like 1

That’s all we hope for keeping the faith look after today and take what tomorrow brings. Very old saying u never no what u have till it’s gone. I’m sure lots of u know what I mean keep the faith 

• Like 3

That is so true @TONY everything feels so wierd to me. I have mentioned this in other times on the board.  Just yesterday we were young, now time tells us we are old, but I still think of myself as the person I was.  It takes time to accept that we don't look the same, we have all these health issues and many of us have lost our partner.  Our brains just keep on ticking that we are the same.  We can still do the things we did in youth.  You are lucky your thing is fishing.  I want to iceskate, roller skate. dance all night but the old body does not want to take the chance.  I could crab or fish with access but have none. I am trying to find a new hobby.

• Like 1

good morning all hope you all had a good night sleep  new day fresh start had a small crave this morning but that soon passed other wise all is well  had a few cans last night and i had no craving  so that was great shows im getting there  quite enjoying this site you all seem good people  you all KEEP THE FAITH

• Like 2

thanks kris just going for a 2 mile walk with with my mate he also has stopped smoking so thats good  he said with a smile if you can do it so can i so im glad i helped some  feels good when that happens u all have a nice day as always KEEP THE FAITH 

• Like 4