Day 3 feel alone

Cweb123

Hi everyone, i don't really have anyone to talk to about this so i guess random internet people will do.

Im 35 ive been smoking for 20 years, i decided to quit on new years doing the whole resolution cliche haha. Everyone close to me who knows me have absolutely no faith in me and remind me about smoking everytime i see them. Ive made it 3 days now and im proud of myself I just wish i had support i guess.

I guess i just want someone else to be proud of me.

• Like 9

Hello and welcome...

Well done for ridding yourself of a killer addiction at 35 ...you still have plenty of time to heal ..

You want a pat on the back ...I'll give you that and plenty more praise ....

Take a seat and stay a while ...go to our Main Smoking Discussion Smoking and read all the articles pinned in green ...this is a great place to start ..

Your Never alone here ..I can promise you that ...we have games ,funny threads ,animal threads ..

Plenty to keep you busy ...

I'll be the first to say Congratulations....now for that pat on the back 🐸

giphy-27.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great going @Cweb123! Three days! After three days nicotine is out of your system! So be extra vigilant in avoiding those triggers and do whatever you have to do to keep from lighting up again! Because now the mind games start. Time to do the work to rewire your brain in how to respond to all of the brains requests for nicotine. Please stay close to this site. We will go through this with you. You will have our support. I didn’t tell anyone that I was quitting. No one even realized that I had quit until I told them. I found this extremely sad. I smoked so much for so long, people assumed I still had a cigarette in hand when I didn’t. I have a 21 and 19 year old still living at home and they never even noticed. So, either way I guess it’s just depressing that the support isn’t there. But that is what this train is for, so welcome aboard!!! I’m 9 and a half months quit after smoking 35 plus years at 2 packs a day. Stay strong and see you around!

• Like 6

Welcome aboard! And congratulations. Getting through the first couple of days is a whopper for most of us. It does get easier.

As for support, I have found that the only real support I get for ridding myself of my addictions is by other addicts. Just the way this rolls  because I don't think non-addicts can fully understand how we got ourselves caught up in the first place. All of us are intelligent and kind, people who aren't holding up convenience stores for our "fix." Yet, we are in the grips of the demon just as much as someone who is mainlining heroin.

Nicotine addiction affects every area of our lives and, eventually, we don't function because we die.

This group will support you in spades. As for the other people in your life, maybe when you get some more time away from the smokes they will take notice. Not sure and at that point it really won't matter because the only person who needs to be proud of you is you.

• Like 6

Welcome aboard cweb, well done on 3 days quit already, that's awesome!😊 You'll get all the support you could need/want here so use us to your advantage.

The thing I found about quitting our addiction was that smokers hate losing a partner in crime and never smokers think we should be over it the second we quit. So being around others who know what we go through when we quit was instrumental in helping me get my forever quit. Hopefully the same will be true for you 😊

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Cweb123 said:

Hi everyone, i don't really have anyone to talk to about this so i guess random internet people will do

Welcome Cweb 123 and congratulations on quitting.  So glad you found us.  We are not just random internet people.  We have all been where you are  and know the experience of quitting.  We know that feeling of desperation craving that next cigarette but also know that you can push through.  Hang around and get to know us all.  We would love to help you on your journey to quitting.  

• Like 6

In real life i'm a superhero, but around here I prefer random internet person.

Julianne Moore Dance GIF by Working Title

Welcome aboard the train.

Quitting is easy- staying quit is the challenge. You've made great progress already, the rest is just mental.

• Like 6

Welcome Cweb123 to the train. I am very proud of you. You are on a new journey to make yourself a better life.
Be proud of every night you go to bed and say to yourself, I  got through todays battle. I am free .

stay determined and you will win 😊

• Like 5

Welcome, friend!  You've made the greatest, most life-affirming decision possible.  I quit at about the same age, and it absolutely transformed my life.  Warmest congratulations on your freedom!

Be vigilant and be prepared for the challenges ahead.  For most of us, recovery is a long and often non-linear process; thus, even when a quitter has some time under her/his belt, there can be rough, unexpected stretches.  So it's good to develop some strategies of things to help during those difficult times.  For me, exercise was a crucial tool, but find what works for you.  

Don't hesitate to reach out here if you need some help--you'll find plenty of folks are eager to help.  We've all been in your shoes and admire what you're doing.  

Cheers--

Christian99

20 Years Quit

• Like 8

Great job Cweb!

One day at a time.....

Stay close, post often, and read read read.

Education about the addiction was my greatest tool.

The support of an online forum was exactly what I needed (believe it or not I formed some great friendships with people I will never meet)

• Like 6

@Cweb123That is just awesome. It does get easier. And I agree with @beazel that support makes all the difference. Our only focus here is to stay quit so it keeps things really simple.

I remind myself daily: my greatest and most important accomplishment is TO NOT SMOKE. If I stay on the train, its been a good day no matter what else has happened.

• Like 7