SOS from Newbie. Help !!!

Sal

Sal ...

You are on oxygen .smoking is usually forbidden if you need to use it ....

It's dangerous....

Please read all the pinned posts on our Main Smoking Discussion Board...if you have ..then read them again .

You have to ask yourself one question ....

Do I want to be a smoker ...or not ....

We can only give you the tools to work with ...it has to be your choice and work to make it happen ...

If you need to come here after just going a hour without ...you need to plan how you are going to get through the craves ...

Sal we haven't give up on you ....but you need to do the same ...🐸

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 5

@Sal So glad you came back to the board, we really want to help,  You need to tell us about your struggle so we can help you. Quiting is different for everyone.  The people here are my salvation, they let me know I could do it and gave me tools and support everyday.  They can help you too!!

• Like 3

@Sal Hope your still trying, don't stop trying. You can do it. You have to do it.  I remember when I got the call from the doctor telling me I had the beginning of emphysema.  I knew I had to do it. I cried and smoked for a couple of days.  Told myself when the last cigarette was gone, that I was done. That was it, I have not had one since.  I still cried alot for awhile, hardly ever now.  I started out taking an hour at a time, then I had a day, and I just kept fighting and here I am at 6 months. I am of to sleep now.  Just know you matter!

• Like 6

@SalJust wanted to Happy New Year!  Hope you are still with us, having faith in yourself. You can be who you want to be this year.  I have gained so much in the last six months, better health, the options to go places and do things without worry.  Overwhelming strength and confidence that I can do things I never would have tried before.  We are expecting a cold winter storm here for the next couple of days.  I do not have to go out in the cold anymore.  I will be sipping a cup of tea here in the house.  Talk to us, we just want to help.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for sticking with me.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, Kris said:

Just wanted to Happy New Year!  Hope you are still with us, having faith in yourself. You can be who you want to be this year.  I have gained so much in the last six months, better health, the options to go places and do things without worry.  Overwhelming strength and confidence that I can do things I never would have tried before.  We are expecting a cold winter storm here for the next couple of days.  I do not have to go out in the cold anymore.  I will be sipping a cup of tea here in the house.  Talk to us, we just want to help.

I just went on the patch on Sunday Night 1/2/022!! Also, my wife also quit too. Wish us luck! I got an excellent partner to do so having quit before in the past for 9 months , she can definitely be a HUGE help. All your comments and Advice welcome. Thanks. Sal

• Like 9

@Sal I am so happy for both of you!  You both are taking on a big challenge together and you will do great things together. I am excited for the wonderful future that is there for the taking.  Everyone will be here to offer advice and support.  The only flame needed is your love for each other.

• Like 4

@Sal Hi Mr and Mrs Sal, Trying to stay up late to check in and make sure your are both doing okay.  As I have said before I am happy that both of you have chosen this path. It is not without challenges but you can get through it.  When my husband was sick we kind of took turns, we could not go off the rails at the same time.  We both had our struggles with what was happening but we would hold each other up during the hard times.  Just a piece of advice, when one is weak and suffering the other must take the burden up to lift the other.  Trust me, it can make all the difference, I am sure you know this if you have spent a lifetime together.  It does matter to me that both of you make this goal.  It will give you great joy and peace to know that you care enough about each other to get this done.  Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

• Like 4

Thanks everyone!! You all are so gracious and uplifting all at the same time. My wife and I have been together for 30 years! I'm 55 and she's 48. I'm on the Patch and she's doing it "Cold Turkey". What a "trooper" she is!!!!

This is only our 4rd day but it's going very nicely. I still have cravings but somehow fight through them with Meditation and sleep. I'm disabled and don't work. So this works out for me. She works remotely and stays very busy during the week.

Thanks and follow us please for advice. SAL and Anita

• Like 3

@Sal,You are just a couple of teenagers in mad love.  It is so wonderful to know Mrs. Sal is 

Anita. I was also a bride of 31 years when I lost my husband, as they call it here high school sweethearts.  We started dating at 15 years old, we could not even drive yet.  Sounds like you were the same.  It makes it more important to get through this so the both of you have each other until a very, very old age.  I hope I can be of support while you quit!

• Like 3

@SalCongratulations! It does get easier. Know this. So whatever waves you (and Anita) go through, they will pass. 

If you pick up again, its like starting from scratch sadly. Glad you both are here!

• Like 3

Thanks all! Just to let you know, Walgreen's has "Quit Smoking kit' with a bunch of stuff for my health. Chewing gum, toothpaste ,Cough drops, Melotonin , lip balm, Tums etc....!!! It's FREE with a purchase of Nicotine Patches.

• Like 5