Farting Off my have costed me an engine !

Opah

I was heading down the freeway to go to Bass Pro Shop to buy my license and Pig Tags when this Dodge Dayton Jumps All over my arss, so being a typical guy I jump on it.   100 MPH into A freeway interchange and my truck Dies, No sound, no noise, just dies,  I did notice that my oil lamp came one just for a second before it died.   

So I got a car hauler and towed It home, now getting it on the Car hauler it drove right on but had some clattering  when I got Home I drove it off of the trailer and it sounded normal ?

I do have an oil leak and I was low on oil, but not engine killer low,  so it is the Yukon I take on the hunt, I figure I will check the toy out when I get back.  I believe that the side force of the corner cause the oil to wash to the side and the oil pump caught some air and registered a low oil which shut the truck down?  Hoping ay ways.

Figure New oil  and I should be fine ?  other wise it is off to the rebuilders.   Any Ideas ?

Here is my idea.  What are you thinking Opah? To let some jerk aggravate you on the road.  You are better than that.  What if that guy was a whacko, that he might hurt you?  It would not be just you but also your wife, your mother, your children, your grandchildren.  I do not pretend to know everything about the workings of the male mind.  There are times when you can put your hog on the table and other times you just keep that in your pants.  You are a man, a strong man and as such you must keep your macho in check for the greater good, which is your family.  Your do not know who you might come upon that is mentally ill and could do something terrible.  What if your family was there with you.  Would you want them to be hurt by your reactions,.  There are many men that have let there anger destroy familes, you are not that guy.  Get the vehicle fixed and let it go.  A thing is just a thing but your family is forever.

• Like 1

Kris that is what I was doing trying to drive away from him, He was following me.  But the fact of the mater is you can not send your life running away from problems, you must face some face to face or head on.

This was me having a spat of stupidity, I am just hyped up on this hunting trip and There is just too much adrenaline and testosterone   running thru my vanes.

This could very well be a 3 to 4 thousand dollar lesson to remind me about jerking around in my vehicles.  Thank you for the spanking it was deserved . 

PS  there was not anger or road rage just a 16 year old mentality wanting to go faster than the other guy

Edited by Opah
  • Haha 1

Well at least you did not put your hog on the table!! In my youth I owned a grand prix with a 454 four barrell.  Guys would pull up for a race and I would just laugh and go on at regular speed.  I did find out later that when my sis would borrow my car she was out there burning rubber. LOL

• Haha 1

I must say I did love that car, white on white with the crager wheels of the time. I would be happy to drive it today. Oh the things we long for from our youth.  It many sound silly but prior to the grand prix I had a little white and tan hatch back ford pinto. I also loved that car and in fact when I dream of my youth that is what I am driving.  I sometimes go online checking classic car auctions to see if I could find one. No luck so far but it does not hurt to look

• Like 1

God I loved that walk down memory lane,  my first was a Cherry red MG Hatch back, Man I felt special in that car chrome spoked rims with a spinner lug and duel side draft carburetors an little 2000 engine.  My wife and I rolling down the coast and the hardest question we had was which way to turn on to PCH.  A time to be in love, Truly in Love

• Like 3

OOOH, those memories and now we struggle to get to the bathroom. It went by so fast, did not seem like it at the time but looking back we woke up one morning, able to join AARP, retire and go on medicare.  All I can say is WTF!

I kept telling my son these are your glory years so pay attention and enjoy before the real adulting begins.  Well he is adulting now and finding it not as easy as he thought it was going to be.  What did he think his Dad and I were doing all those years...flying off to the south of France on our jet.  No, we were going to the market shopping food sales, coming up with the money for soccer, private trumpet lessons, paying for school trips, paying the cost for his braces.  We would have sold a kidney for that kid.  Now he really gets it as his friends have college loans to pay off but he does not because we always planned and saved for his college.Hopefully we taught him well  so he will do okay.

• Like 1