Katgirl is Seven Months Smoke Free Today!!!

jillar

@Katgirl I am not only proud of you for your quit but in also sharing your story of anxienty.  Those who suffer anxiety/panic disorders have been forced to long to hide. Your words have given others not only the courage to quit smoking but have enabled them to reach out for help with anxiety'. It is time the world knew we are out here, we suffer and often can't function in the real world so to speak.  I have been suffering my entire life, I have no idea what it is to be so called normal. I wish I could feel it at least once.  To have no fear in any situation.  It gives me great comfort to know that there are many of us that struggle everyday.  I think smoking played a great deal in my struggle to fit somewhere. I have come to accept that place does not exist. I still have the anxiety and panic attacks and that they will all ways be present.  I do have some peace that I am trying in other ways to better my health. Thanks for sharing your struggle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, everyone. I feel blessed to not be struggling in my quit. I keep my mind active, along with my body. I have a nice hobby that I’m passionate about, an unusual one for a female. I collect nice mechanical wristwatches. I spend a lot of time looking for new pieces. I own at least 50 midrange ( price wise) watches, including some vintage ones. Today, I am wearing a 50 year old Seiko Bellmatic. I belong to a worldwide watch forum, for people like me, and I am literally the only female among hundreds of members, the only one who posts daily, at the very least. Every night, before retiring, I start the the WRUW (What are you wearing?) thread, where members post a shot of the watch they have chosen for the next day. Keeping active, and nurturing my  relationship with my life partner, John, help me stay focused. I decided to ignore my irrational fear of the COVID booster, and got it, yesterday. Now I just need my flu shot. I am determined to do whatever it takes to remain healthy and, of course, smoke free.

Kat

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 5

@Katgirl Congrats! And keeping active is so important, especially with something that floats our creative boat. I am a crazy knitter which is a pretty-solo activity. I appreciate everyone here for giving some time for community and words of wisdom. Hoping everyone has a beautiful weekend.

• Like 2