I have cravings for nicotine gums , What should i do ?

Sunshine59

Its cold here now in India too .

I like the cold climate and i am lazily sitting in my sofa near my laptop trying to finish my oats and milk

I have nothing much to do

I am a student of accounting and SAP ERP software .I have been learning all those really hard .

After trying to understand the concepts of some hard topics i am feeling really tired

I really feel like taking a break .

I don't know what else i should try eating since i have diabetes too

I wish i had time for workouts but i cant find time for that either due to time issues .

I wake up in the morning , i have my classes from 8 to 9  . I reach work at 9 , then come back home at 6:30 .

Then i rest till 9 or 10 , start revising the things i have learned from 10 to  12 or 12:30

Things have been going like that for the past 5 plus years now .

Everything sort of sucks !!!!!!

I must resist the gums too

Please help .

Edited by Sunshine59
  • Like 2

Glad you got past it @Sunshine59. Next time just chew regular gum, sugar free since your diabetic. Cravings like that will still happen for some time to come but as you saw it was much easier to get past with all this quit time under your belt. Well done 😊

• Like 5

Thanks jillar , Doreensfree ,notsmokinjo

Yesterday i was so tired , i don't even remember when i slept on my sofa .

I have never used any of those chewing tobacco  products ever

I am going to the see gums too like one of those products from today on wards

:)

Edited by Sunshine59
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 8:08 AM, Sunshine59 said:

I wish i had time for workouts but i cant find time for that either due to time issues .

Please help .

Hey @Sunshine59. Good for you for tackling addiction and striving for a life free of the awful expense and health issues.

Regarding "workouts" that you mentioned: This may, at first thought, seem off the topic, but it really isn't. I heard that Queen Elizabeth II (current queen, of course) is very fit for a woman of 95 years. She doesn't work out and I wondered how that could be.  I began watching videos on the science behind being fit and losing weight. Patching some of them together, a person can be reasonably fit (as is the gracious Queen) by getting out and walking briskly for 30 minutes a day, three times a week! Of course you can do more, but really, 30 minutes a day three times a week is pretty doable. 

And then there is the will to do it. Ah, well, it does take some inner motivation, I know. The other advantage of those three days a week is that it helps with staying smart, being able to learn better.

Best of luck. You can do this. I think everyone can do this when they find their reason, develop a desire to truly be their best person. For me, it was Covid. Before it hit the USA, I remembered a presentation I attended where an epidemiologist presented a slide of how a pandemic would start and spread. When Covid was still in China, but spreading, I knew it was heading to the USA. I also knew that I'd likely succumb to fulminate lung failure as a smoker, if I got Covid. so I quit. A week later, Covid showed up about 15 miles north of me, in Kirkland, Washington. 

Finding your reason--that's the key.

• Like 2

@Kate18

Thanks for the reply

I was a person that used to exercise , but i was not able to continue it for a long stretch due to many reasons .

When i was exercising , i remember  even doing 120 pushups in the evening at my home workouts . That was 30 pushups x 4

During the past 2 months i have been thinking about workouts again  , i could not decide between doing a 20 minute running or a 30 minute exercises like pushups , squats , crunches

I have talked about this in some other forum and they told me to do what i can enjoy doing .

30 minutes a day three times a week is pretty doable

I really want to do it .

I am an evening person , so i will find some time in the evening itself to do some exercises

• Like 2