Post a Song you Like

babs609

With Alice in Chains temporarily on hiatus, due in part to Staley's drug issues, the singer joined Mad Season, a side project formed by Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready. Having completed a stint in rehab himself, McCready hoped that playing with sober musicians would encourage Staley to commit to his own sobriety; while that didn't happen, the collaboration did produce a great record. "I told him, 'You do what you want, you write all the songs and lyrics. You're the singer,'" McCready recalled to Rolling Stone in 2002. "He'd come in, and he'd do these beautiful songs." The mournful "River of Deceit," one of the Mad Season album's standout tracks, is gorgeously rendered in this clip from the band's 1995 concert at Seattle's Moore Theater – the last show that Staley would ever do with Mad Season.

• Like 4

Topic over the weekend was "what was your wedding song?". Mine was this one. He picked it....I had never even heard it before he played it for me. Wow!

Well, all good things must come to end or so it is said. He moved on to his next "Love of a Lifetime" after 20 years with me. I just now say our wedding song was "Highway to Hell" (AC/DC) when the subject comes up! ;)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Rozuki said:

Topic over the weekend was "what was your wedding song?"

I was informed that it is in poor taste to have the band dedicate this song to the groom at the reception.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2