Post a Song you Like

babs609

• 2 weeks later...

The remnants of Irma are blowing into my neck of the woods. 

Hope things are ok over there.  Things aren't predicted to be as bad here in Raleigh, NC but we are supposed to get some rough weather from Irma.

More Johnny Cash (with the Clash's Joe Strummer) covering a Bob Marley classic...

• Like 1

Hope things are ok over there.  Things aren't predicted to be as bad here in Raleigh, NC but we are supposed to get some rough weather from Irma.

All's clear now.  Fortunately, Irma fizzled out by the time she got to Tennessee.  A bit of rain, some gusty wind...and she was gone.

Changing gears...are you familiar with The Connells?  They were out of Raleigh.  Saw 'em a couple of times back in the early nineties.  Played a lot of gigs in places with college girls and draft beer...good times!

• Like 1

Changing gears...are you familiar with The Connells?  They were out of Raleigh.  Saw 'em a couple of times back in the early nineties.  Played a lot of gigs in places with college girls and draft beer...good times!

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with The Connells.  I listened to them quite a bit back in college.  I never saw them in concert but they were definitely a good band

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with The Connells.  I listened to them quite a bit back in college.  I never saw them in concert but they were definitely a good band

Speaking of music listened to in college...I wore out the album "Anodyne" by Uncle Tupelo during my college days.

• Like 2

c'mon little kiddies
have I got a treat for you.
at first it tastes all yummy,
then you start to turn blue

I'll be back again next week.
bring your friends, we'll have an ice cream treat
mom don't like it, but he don't give a ****
kids come running for satan's ice cream truck

come on, and ask you mommy
your pennies are in hand
if you need more than your tummy,
you can get inside my van

c'mon little kiddies

have I got a treat for you.

at first it tastes all yummy,

then you start to turn blue

I'll be back again next week.

bring your friends, we'll have an ice cream treat

mom don't like it, but he don't give a ****

kids come running for satan's ice cream truck

come on, and ask you mommy

your pennies are in hand

if you need more than your tummy,

you can get inside my van

Tipper Gore and the PMRC do not approve this message.

• Like 1