Post a Song you Like

babs609

I only just recently found out about T-Model Ford.  He was a blues artist from Mississippi, who played a lot of juke joints and went out on the road with a few bigger named artists.  He didn't record his first album until he was in his seventies, his exact birthdate is not known.

Been listening to the album "Pee-Wee Get My Gun" a lot...Damn good driving music.

• Like 2

@Steven Drojensky my first memory of the Saints is being crammed into the boot of my uncles panel van with 4 other kids they were supposed to be babysitting driving to the beach and my uncle saying "now kids, this is music, listen, learn" ....sound track of my childhood.

Also in those early days of panel van trips to the beach my soundtrack included Radio Birdman...

And The Limespiders ....

Now I want a lime spider....mmmm yummo

• Like 3

On 1/14/2022 at 4:43 PM, notsmokinjo said:

@Steven Drojensky my first memory of the Saints is being crammed into the boot of my uncles panel van with 4 other kids they were supposed to be babysitting driving to the beach and my uncle saying "now kids, this is music, listen, learn" ....sound track of my childhood.

Also in those early days of panel van trips to the beach my soundtrack included Radio Birdman...

And The Limespiders ....

Now I want a lime spider....mmmm yummo

Both are fantastic! Denis is one of my favorite guitarists. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Down under ..... Happy Straya Day!

Just to clarify, in the words of my Yorta Yorta mate Jase who's barbie I'm off to today.... we aren't frickin celebrating an invasion or the arrival of the brits but celebrating our bitsa society where we've mixed the best of everything for the awesomeness that we all are together. So about 15 of us are off to see a mate from Malaysia and his family take their citizenship and then we'll be off to the bbq for an international feast, some back yard cricket and possibly avround of goon of fortune.

@Cbdave not sure if you've heard this 1 but today's the day for it...

• Like 3

Lost an Aussie Music Legend today... probably better known for his manager skills than his prowess on the bass (although he was voted Aussie bass player of the year in 71) .... RIP Glenn Weatley...

And no tribute would be complete without thanking him for mortgaging his house so his mate and client John Farnham could record the album that gave us the greatest Aussie song ever ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2