Post a Song you Like

babs609

What's this?  We got a "Saturday" theme going here?

And thanks to the internet, I'll never hear the song "Louisiana Saturday Night" without thinking of a washing machine that is out of balance...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

I dunno @Boo I reckon we put it to a poll the washing machine would win best version.

I do like the tempo of the washing machine version better.  If you listen to Mel McDaniel's version at 1.5 playback speed it closely resembles the washing machine version.  Makes it more of a hand-clapping, foot-stomping, hootenanny kind of song.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

• Like 5

Oh but that's not fair most of my church music sucks....well some of the real old shits ok but we only get the that at Christmas and Easter...regular Sundays be mote like:

And my all time favourite, because when they played this in the 80s it meant we didn't have to sing "his banner over me is love" because they never played both in the same mass...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh but that's not fair most of my church music sucks....

I grew up going to church with a bunch of "tambourine shaking Baptists."  There was a split in the family between Southern Baptists and The Church of Christ.  Those on the Church of Christ side of the family thought we were a bunch of heathens.  Meanwhile, the Southern Baptist side of the family was too busy enjoying sing-a-longs and covered dish dinners to care what they thought.

• Like 3