Post a Song you Like

babs609

Jo mentioned Flinders Street Station in another thread.  That immediately reminded me of Jet's "Move On."  A damn fine song.  You can enjoy it while waiting on a train or just about anywhere else.

• Like 1

and Tosh is running late for his train

Taking the A Train with Ellington

and the Night Train with James Brown

and the choo choo cha boogie with Louis Jordan

These are just a few that came to mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

about the trains...@Boo...me too.  I haven't even googled a list yet and lots are surfacing in my head.

Be careful.  I've started thinking about it and now my obsessive side is starting to take over.

• Like 3

@Boo, I was about to play Guy Clark (one of my crushes) for you yesterday but, my set went another direction.

This is a cool obscurity by The Hammond Brothers written by Bob Hillard and Burt Bacharach

Otis & Carla, ...It's the last train to Jacksonville...

I have an obsessive gene too.

• Like 2

I tried, I really did try but when I started dreaming train songs I just had to jump on board...

Here is The Joy Boys with there instramental "Sourthern 'Rora" about the express train from Melbourne to Sydney called the Southern Aurora

Here is the Slim Dusty with The Indian Pacific... the cross country train that runs from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific....

• Like 3

My mates the satirical mystery men of TISM (This Is Serious Mum) did not make this as a cover of the Seekers song above even if it shares the same title... this is a lovely tour of the Melbourne suburbs and their demographics in the early 1990's... and yep it mentions Flinder's Street.... I do always giggle at the thought of "tennis tough's rolling me for my racket".....

So.... I'm gunna finish up with 2 songs that aren't really about trains but are about Flinder's Street Station which started this whole train theme (interesting fact, during world war 2 there was a gun fight across the platforms of Flinder's Street between Aussie and American servicemen and the bullet holes are still there (if you know where to look))..... so here is the first one....

and finally... those bastions of the Melbourne Pub scene give us "Under The Clocks"... now if ya meeting someone in Melbourne you tell em you will meet them "under the clocks" this is the steps at the front of the station that has all the clocks above the arch entrance showing all the next train times..... you always meet peeps under the clocks... cos you can miss em....and unless its raining you can 'cop a spot' (yes I know it means something different in the USA) on the steps while ya wait..... when I was a kid if you were really lucky the bag pipe busker would be there playing all the aussie rock classics... you always had some church money to sling his way.....

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sazerac said:

I bet @Boo might like this

Anytime a member of the Cash family sings a train song, I'm in.  Who is the only person that could take a lonesome train song by Hank Williams and make it sound even more lonesome?  The Man in Black.

I'm not going to try and post every one of Johnny's train songs, but...here's one more.

• Like 1