Post a Song you Like

babs609

So when I was real little my Grandad used to work for a news paper called the Herald as a compositor... back in the olden days when that was all manual and they had to line the letters up in the frames for each page.... well I thought this song was about him and his mate... the Herald Angels.... which was really funny cos I had met them all and none of them were like the angels in books and they didn't have wings and they had lost their halos... but I used to ask for the Newspaper Song every christmas....

Only 2 more days of christmas in July... so 4 more songs from me.

• Like 1

So its Christmas in July Eve.... and this one does my head in on a stinking hot Christmas Day.... and it makes me cry every time I hear it now because it was Grandma's favourite... normal kids learn how to sing jingle bells first... NOPE we had to learn this...

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

So... this is my 2nd most favourite Chrissy song but because I have a favourite Chrissy hymn this comes in 3rd over all..... and because it was Irish the swearing was acceptable to Grandma... don't ask it doesn't make sense to me either...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well Merry Christmas in July... its just ticked over midnight and the last two songs on my 2 a day playlist are ready to go... Most commonwealth countries know this hymn by the name The Holy City but in much of the world (especially South Africa where it is a favourite and has been translated into Afrikans) it will be listed in hymnals as Jerusalem... this is my favourite Chrismas Carol.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

So by in concert do you mean pub gig or bigger than that????

I was only sixteen, they wouldn't let me in pubs.  Saw Drivin' N' Cryin' at the outdoor venue at Six Flags Over Georgia.  Admittedly, not a great concert venue.  However, got to ride some roller coasters, see one of my favorite bands live, and I made out with a young lady I met during the show...good times!

Edited by Boo
Tried to post video...nothing!
  • Haha 2

OK first International act..... Me (16) and at least 75,000 of my nearest and dearest (but some estimates have it at 100,000)... at a race track in the middle of nowhere... on a day that was 39.7C (+103F).... but included massive wind/dust storm, thunder, lightening, and rain that came down in buckets with a temp that dropped 20C in 15 minutes (63F temp drop)... the main act was delayed over an hour because a speaker stand caught fire... and during the course of the day over 3000 were treated for weather related issues ... 1 1/2 hour queue to use the dunny.... that was 1 Feb 1993 ... Skid Row were a brilliant support act but the band we were there to see .... at the worst venue on earth (there was even an investigation into the concert cos of all the issues).... but we were there for these fellas:

BEST FVCKIN DAY OUT EVER!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

First festival, complete with tents and camping and wot not.... Meredith Music Festival 1994....

Line Up: Dirty Three, Magic Dirt, Spiderbait, Powder Monkeys, Fireballs, The Fauves, Melonman, Cranky, Freeloaders, Manic Suede, Warped, The Vinyl Creatures, Loin Groin, The Family, Spencer P Jones and the Holyspirits, The Fat Thing, Rio Grande, Sherry Rich and the Grievous Angels

Pink Floyd's Brain Damage/Eclipse is fairly well know.  It came out in 1973.

Which was 45 years ago....  

Think that through. 

Calvin Coolidge's presidency is closer to 1973 then we are today to 1973. 

George the V was King and Stanley was PM.

TV hadn't been invented yet.

Anyhow, it was a cool tune for 1973.

• Like 1