Post a Song you Like

babs609

Sorry Stevie but I think John sings it better...

Now I think this is an Aussie one... for those other Aussies on here they might be old enough to remember Patsy Biscoe... she made wonderful childrens albums but this was from her Christmas Album and I loved it as a little tacker...

I've heard that @notsmokinjo may be a bit of a fan of Elton on the quiet, so this goes out to her.

And Jo, just for you I've made sure it is the arrangement where Elton is backed by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, just so you know those fellow Victorians made this possible.

All together, it's July, but it's cold as christmas in the middle of the year. Merry christmas Jo!

• Haha 1

Considering the earlier dedication I recieved from @Sslip all I can say is the trumped up troubadour gives proof of Melbourne's superiority over Sydney so, in the spirit of giving that is Christmas in July here is a special one just for Lord Slip n Slide... because I have it on good authority this is one of his favourite things, and well while there is no accounting for taste and despite my personal misgivings this ones for you me Lord...

And its not even an annoying awful song or anything ;)

• Haha 1

9.30pm, Christmas Eve 2002... stinking hot, sitting on a picnic blanket with 4 little cousins under 12.... very quickly learnt all the dance moves to this and did it without spilling a drop of my drink or wax from the handle in my other hand.... still know all the moves....

• Haha 1

So my #1 fave cousin broke down on his way home to Melbourne for christmas so I drove 3/4ers of the way to Cairns picked him up and drove home  (4,200km 48hr return trip.... um miles that would be about 2,600milles) ... clearly pre-kid.... and we would start singing this when one of us would start feeling sleepy... by the time the trip was over we had created about 30 new verses.... walked into Grandmas about 7.30 christmas night with the party already in full swing, saw santa, kissed grandmas cheek, sat down for a beer and both fell asleep with stubbies in hand....

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2