Post a Song you Like

babs609

The Korean War is often the forgotten war, especially in Aus. During the Korean War, on Anzac day in 1951 at Kapyong, about 200 Aussies on one hill and 200 Canadians on another (The Canadians were at Gallipolli too, just around the bend a bit) and some Kiwi artillary they held a pass against 14,000 Chinese troops. Out numbered and cut off. This is the third historically significant battle ANZAC troops have fought on 25 of April.

This ones for the Korean vets... we remember you cobbers.

1 hour ago, johnny5 said:

The only song I really like by this band but it makes me think of my high school days in the early 90's

You have fond memories of that song.  And all I can think about is this stupid meme...

• Haha 2

Willie Nelson celebrated the second day of his birthday today.  He was born on April 29 but found out when he joined the Air Force that his birth certificate wasn't filled out until the 30th.  And because Willie is Willie, he's celebrated twice every year since.

• Like 5

Beazel, beautiful song for what must be a beautiful marriage, huge congratulations on 42 years.

You and hubby have a fantastic day today and here's to many more!

2 hours ago, beazel said:

"our song" on my 42nd anniversary - May 5th 1976

• Thanks 1

This is Paul Kelly... the nearest thing Australia has to Bob Dylan... he writes all his own songs and music, his lyrics have been compiled into a book and are actually part of the senior school english reading list. He has at least one song starting with every letter of the alphabet. To date he has penned 295 songs, he is still working and well he's a frickin legend. He sings my favourite christmas song, 2 of my favourite sport songs and my theme song... I've done all the dumb things.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, beazel said:

"our song" on my 42nd anniversary - May 5th 1976

My husband, before he was my husband, would always sing this to me when doing karaoke years ago and was so good at it that he would win free trips for weekends in Las Vegas.

• Like 3