Happy Thanksgiving

Linda

Happy Thanksgiving, as it is just me there will be no turkey, not crazy about it anyway.  I will be going surf and turf today. I do not have to watch football or even have the background noise of it.

I do not have to worry about the so called line of death that my husbands family practiced on this day.  Mind you, this was all in fun, you were not supposed to walk in front of the TV, you had to go the long way to the kitchen or a foam brick would fly your way. Then the big gravy debate, did Mom (my mother inlaw) make enough?  This stuff was like liquild gold to her sons, they would keep an eye on each other to make sure they got their fair share of the magic.  

So today is Thanksgiving, look back and smile, be happy and enjoy your holiday! Be truly thankful for your blessings.

• Like 7

Okay the cooking has commenced. Cake is done and in the freezer for making an ice cream cake.  Lobster tails prepped and steak marinating, for the grill.  Rolls have been made and rising.  Made myself a margarita! I have to say I would love a smoke but it is not on the menu. Realized this is my first Thanksgiving without smoking. Must say I am shocked and thrilled at the same time. If you alone this year I hope you are spoiling yourself, we are worth the time and the effort.  Celebrate you!

K

• Like 6

Gluten-free, vegetarian, sober alcoholic. Sadly, the holiday doesn't hold much for me in the way of things I can enjoy. So I am headed to the gym and celebrating the fact that I do not need (or want) to smoke. At least for today. That is the biggest blessing I could ever hope for and am praying this upward trajectory continues. I am certainly going to stay close to you all in anticipation I too can enjoy sustained freedom.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and thanks for being here.

• Like 6

@Kel,  You have committed to a lifestyle that many of us could not ever dream of living.  Gluten free, vegan, nicotine and alcohol free. So please don't say you do not have anything to enjoy on this holiday.  You have everything and are doing everything that contributes to your health and well being. You are having a true thanksgiving that many of us are jealous of. You have set goals that you are achieving, You should be proud. 

• Like 5