Kris is Five Months Smoke Free Today!!!

jillar

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and support.  Special thanks to Dorren for posting a picture of my husband.  You are all great source of comfort and peace.  I will not lie, for me the battle is still raging but the truth is we are all doing we thought was impossible.  We are doing these with the support of people we have never met.  It strikes me as sad and odd that so often our families, friends never tell us (me) that they are proud, that we (me) are doing great.  I know that is my fault as I have pushed everyone away for various reasons.  I think that prepared me for quiting.  It is something that I can do for me.  It has been along time since I put me first but here I am at 62, putting me first.  That is what I have to say today, realize that sometimes you have to put yourself and your health first.  You should be doing this for you and only you.  I shall never be young again but I can have productive, happy, healthy years to do things I enjoy that matter to me. I have come to know myself without obligation to others and who they think I should be, I get to choose and so do you.  Be your best self, do the things that bring you joy, peace, let the rest of it go.

Love and best wishes!

K

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Kris said:

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and support.  Special thanks to Dorren for posting a picture of my husband.  You are all great source of comfort and peace.  I will not lie, for me the battle is still raging but the truth is we are all doing we thought was impossible.  We are doing these with the support of people we have never met.  It strikes me as sad and odd that so often our families, friends never tell us (me) that they are proud, that we (me) are doing great.  I know that is my fault as I have pushed everyone away for various reasons.  I think that prepared me for quiting.  It is something that I can do for me.  It has been along time since I put me first but here I am at 62, putting me first.  That is what I have to say today, realize that sometimes you have to put yourself and your health first.  You should be doing this for you and only you.  I shall never be young again but I can have productive, happy, healthy years to do things I enjoy that matter to me. I have come to know myself without obligation to others and who they think I should be, I get to choose and so do you.  Be your best self, do the things that bring you joy, peace, let the rest of it go.

Love and best wishes!

K

Great words of wisdom @Kris We are all proud of you!!!

• Like 5

@Mac#23 that is a nice thought, but I must admit that watching these minions time after time has lessoned my love.  Did you ever have to watch Barney the purple dinosuar everyday multiple times day afrer day week after week month after month.  Le's not talk about the Power Rangers or the Ninja Turtles.  I have served my time.  Well you get it, I love you, you love me were a happy family.  I am sending you the tape and you can play it to get the full picture.  No wonder I was driven to smoke!  Thanks goodness my grandson is now eight and can watch other thiings that don't drive me crazy.  Now we can curl up with the pups on the sofa and pick somethimg we both will enjoy..

K

• Like 1