Hello To Our Guests ..

Doreensfree

It's really good to see you here ....

This means you want to rid yourself of the horrible addiction of smoking nicotine ....I was where you are once ....just trying to find that one thing that would free me once and for all of my 52 year smoking addiction ....

I had tried every method know to man ...always to end up back to smoking ...

I was given a sharp shock .... prospect of losing a limb or two...all of a sudden 

Just trying wasn't a option it was time to do....

I smoked my last 3 ciggerette,s...with tears flowing ...

How would I manage without my crutch ..my friend for so many years ....I searched the web looking for that one thing I hadn't tried ...

I stumbled on a group of people ...QSMB ....then The Quit Train ....

They gave me the Knowledge...showed me the way ....armed me with my tools to beat this monster....they guided me every step of the way .People from all over the world ,they cared ,they understood ....

I did it ...I free,d myself ....I still feel that sense of pride ...

I stay to tell anyone that will listen ....jump on the Train....give yourself the best 

Chance you can to free yourself.....your so worth it ....don't be shy...

It's your life ...and you only get one .....

We will welcome you ...🐸

• Like 13

Great post @Doreensfree, I stumbled upon my first forum from googling the quit symptoms I was having and each one led me to my first forum QSMB where I lurked for about three weeks before that one post stood out so much that I registered to thank that individual. And I'm so glad I did because I truly believe that it was through the support and understanding of others who had or were walking the same path to freedom that I'm over five years free now :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

This is not my first quit but it is the first time I have jumped into on-line support. Lurked about in 2005 which I am now realizing was the predecessor site in all likelihood. It makes a difference. I look forward to each and every person's comments. Even if they just do a "like" it lets me know I am not alone. There is a whole wave of support here to release that which no longer serves. Well, it never served; we just thought it did. Now armed with information and like-minded friends, we can hour-by-hour, then day-by-day, get free. Eventually, it won't occupy the same headspace which is such a relief.

Thanks and have a great day.

• Like 7

G’day 

Yes you’ll think ….real smokers just like me. Ha I resemble that comment… Yep that me including those little lies I tell myself to protect my ego and continue to smoke. We’re not here to stoke our egos. We just tell it as it is. 
Me I don’t want to forget. Never forget ..so I never become that smoker again!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cbdave said:

We’re not here to stoke our egos. We just tell it as it is. 
Me I don’t want to forget. Never forget ..so I never become that smoker again!

Well said Chris, couldn't agree with you more! @KEL, we're stoked to have you here and being so active. That's how successful quits are made and I have no doubt you will succeed 🤗

• Like 6

4 hours ago, KEL said:

Eventually, it won't occupy the same headspace which is such a relief.

So true and it will happen without you even noticing at first. You’ll be like, “Whoa!!! I just went all day without thinking about smoking or even quitting smoking.” FREEDOM!!!! 🤗

• Like 6

On 11/30/2021 at 4:10 PM, KEL said:

In the last few days, I have gone hours at a time not thinking about smoking or about not smoking. I can't wait until it is days at a time!

It was amazing, the first time I realized I'd gone a couple of days without thinking of a cigarette. I was also regularly forgetting to come online and pledge NOPE in Quittrain because I wasn't thinking of smoking. I finally added it to my morning checklist of things to do while I'm having morning coffee.

Passing someone outside who is smoking no longer gives me a wistful feeling. When I see someone standing alone, on the side of a commercial building or at an uncovered bus stop, huddling under an umbrella in the drizzling rain in Seattle, I feel a moment of amusement mixed with compassion--I used to be that person. 

Halleluiah, not any more!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, KEL said:

That terrible fear that we can't survive without smoking gives way to the experience that not only can we survive but we THRIVE without smoking.

This is such a gift....

G’day 

Hit the “nail on the head “ with that one…..

• Like 2