Covid up tick

Linda

What the heck Michigan and so many states are climbing in covid cases again!!

I just found out I have four relatives here in Michigan that tested positive and two

In Colorado. They all have been vaccinated and had boosters WTF. One of them

Is in the hospital not doing well. Is it ever going to end  Are the vaccinations really

working???? I know they said you could still get it but would be a mild case.

Getting scary again. Just in time for the holidays again

• Sad 2

Linda.  

I did have two vaccines and will take a third when available.  That said, I have never stopped wearing a mask, social distancing, and staying home when possible.  I do go out for groceries, the doctor, shopping when I just have to have a break from the house.  This Covid thing is the new normal, it won't go away anytime soon.  We just have to be proactive in how we react to it.  My son thinks I am crazy but I have stocked up on everything I need to run smoothly. Now when he comes by he checks what I have.  Now he remembers those times when he had moved out but came home and raided the pantry and the bathrooms.  LOL  I will not run out of TP, dog food, food for me, batteries, flashlights etc.  It is a sad way to live but my old saying "safe not sorry".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Linda glad to not see you on the board, hope you are resting and sleeping well.  I know you have been ill and now worrying about family. You have to take care of yourself to care of them. Right now they just need to hear your voice or get a message to them that you are praying for their quick recovery.  If the virus is on the move there, follow the protocols as before.  Texas was way up there with it for a few weeks but has settled back down. This to shall pass and then we see what is next.

K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Kris ....

Our numbers are still stupid .....the Government are reluctant to bring in any restrictions ...

Its every Man / Woman for themselves ...we still have a high percentage of folks not taking the vaccine .

I still wear a mask and sanitise....and keep a distance ...x

I feel so bad for you. It must be hard to not be able to go out when you want, to see your family and friends. It does not bother me.  I am very good at being a hermit. The only people I want to see are my son, his wife and my grandson.  I think there will a big surge in Covid cases while we go through the holiday season. People think they are safe now that they are vaccinated. We know that is not true with the Delta variant. 

I can't understand people who will not get vaccinated.  I am sure they were vaccinated against polio, TB, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, when they were children.  Now that we are older most of us also have been vaccinated for the flu, pneumonia and shingles.These are things we should embrace.  Above all we are here on this board to quit smoking, it is hard, I wish there was a vaccine for this. There are drugs that say will help you, i tried many and they did not help.  

This is the place that has helped me

• Like 1

We try to do the right thing. I am also vaccinated. I had the Moderna , two shots.  I think I am paranoid, I still wore the mask, practiced social distance and kept my going out limited.  Now we find we are not safe. protected.  We have to keep with the program. Many of us are older and have other medical conditions.  It falls to us now, just like guarding our quit we have to stay vigilant with this virus.  It is easy for me, i have no where I need to be.  I will not be with people during the holidays. For all of you please be careful out there. wear a mask, make sure the people you spend time with are vaccinated.  

we

• 4 weeks later...

It is still out there, my daughter in law (vaccinated) had a positive test yesterday.  It is not a bad case, my son says it is like she has a really bad head cold for now.  No fever yet, has lost taste. They are in quartine at home. Son says he is fine but will be tested tomorrow. Grandson has not been vaccinated yet but he will go to the doc next week for a test and vaccine.  Needless to say not what we wanted for Christmas. Continue to wear your mask, wash your hands and social distance. This is not only for your safety but helps keep others safe.

• Sad 2

I did ask my son if they knew which type she had.  He said they could only tell her she was positive. guess they have to look at in the lab to know which type. I will let you know if they send her more information regarding the type.

• Like 2

My son tested negative yesterday but this afternoon is losing his voice and having scratchy throat, going for another test tomorrow.   DIL still sick but not bad. From stuff I have seen on the net, you could test negative in the morning and be positive by the afternoon.  My son was going to come over tomorrow but in light of everything he is hearing and the fact he is having throat issues he is not coming.  I am glad I got out today for my booster and restock of food for me and the dogs.  I would say if you do not have to be out do not, if you can order in what you need do that. As much as I hate to say it you should think about not planning any get togethers for the holidays.  So many of us have underlying health issues that could make us so sick if we got covid.  I am a little freaked because my son has allergy related asthma and this is a bad time for him already. Will update, can anyone else share what is happening where they are

I have a couple of relatives down right now with it. They were unvaccinated. They got the infusion and are doing better. I think covid is going to be like the flu as for as getting vaccinated every year. 

• Like 3

I am sorry you have family that contracted the virus.  I think you are right, it will be another thing that will have to do yearly or more often than that.  For many it will mean a more restricted life for sometime in the future.  

• Like 2

Glad your family members are getting better @BAT. I agree that we will probably need yearly shots along with our flu shot. Hopefully they can figure a shot out that doesn't have to be kept so cold as currently my Dr won't carry the Covid vaccine because of that 😞 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2

Two more of my relatives (both were vaccinated) tested positive this morning. I was around them a few days ago and the other two six days ago. I went and got tested this morning and the results were negative. I don't have any symptoms so I feel like I'm good since I've been vaccinated Moderna plus booster. We shall see. This new strain is spreading fast but seems milder except maybe for those who haven't been vaccinated. JMO I'm not a Doctor .... I'm Batman 😎

• Like 1
  • Sad 1