ever get blind side with a whiff ?

Opah

I was out on the tarmac Friday with a mechanic friend, we had finished pulling a fence back into shape after a truck decided it might be fun to exit thru it.

I was removing the chain from the fence and there it was a big whiff of cigarette smoke, I dam if it wasn't like the smell of Bacon in the morning.

I guess I should feel Bad,  we are talking Bacon in the morning, Man I wanted a puff just one puff.  Then I hear Todd OOH **** and he snuffs it out.  My first response was YOU ASS HOLE why did you do that. I was

enjoying that.   Man I am ashamed image.png.5b84741917f3f63dd9f55b9d6b1fb4a3.png

• Like 4

G’day 

just except it’s the way it is. First bit especially if they use a match to light up smells pretty good, still with me. The next bits are not so good after they have gone through someone else lung. Trapped in a car with a smoker. Can’t stand it so much I had to get them to stop I couldn’t breath.

• Like 5

See that's how you handle it. You come here and talk about it. It's the one thing most forget. As for the smoke, one day smells like bacon next day like a butt can, you'll see.

You got this Grandpa 😉

• Like 5

You caught a whiff of a cigarette.  You had some passing thoughts.  You didn't smoke.

No harm, no foul.

16 hours ago, Opah said:

I guess I should feel Bad, 

I wouldn't waste my time with that if I were you.

• Like 2

it is going to happen from time to time, guess I should react better next time.

Crazy this is the first time in a year i got catch so off guard and it really effected me.   BOTTOM line I did not smoke, aint going to, noway , no how

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Long gone are the days in which the smell of a cig is good (to me).  I met up with an old college buddy of mine of the holiday break and we were both saying how nasty it is now that we have long quits under our belts.  Trust me there comes a time that the smell is nowhere near appealing and it will downright sicken you.  Keep up the good work.  

• Like 4

Ok well things are getting back to how they should be, came into work, parked and got out of the truck and here it was the smell of the cigarettes from the smoking area. this time it wasn't a great smell, it was just cigarettes.  

Lets see how long it takes to get to be nasty smelling,  anyone here been quit for 5 years or more and the cigarettes still smell good ?  

Inquiring minds would like to know

@Opah I still liked the smell of a freshly lit cigarette all the way up until my lungs failed in 2020. Now I can't stand it. It was always the stale smoke that was disgusting to me....

Ps. It's ok to like the smell of something. I like the smell of gasoline but I'm not going to drink it!

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2