Hi there! 🙂

Kimberbee

Hi! I'm new here and grateful to have found this forum! I was looking for a place where I could prepare myself to quit and have support when I actually do!

Right now I'm on the waiting list of an apartment complex that would be a great blessing in my life. The only problem(Gift?✨) is that there is no smoking on the grounds. That means a possible elevator ride and long walk every time I wanted a cigarette. (Not to mention that they sometimes have severe winters here and that the cigarettes cost about double what I'm used to paying.) 

So...everything has conspired against(For?✨) me to quit.  I really want to quit and have wanted to for a long time but haven't been able to do it yet! (Although once I quit for 4 years but went back to smoking like my quit didn't mean anything. I wish I knew back then what I know now...that my quit was gold that I tossed away like trash!)  Hopefully everything I mentioned about where I'm living now will give me the situational push I need to quit! Pennsylvania is a beautiful state, but not to smoke in! And I don't want to anyway!!!🙂

It's nice meeting you all and this forum seems like just what I need! I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Kimberly 🐝

52, female

• Like 7

Hi! and welcome.  Sounds like you are going to have extra motivation to get started.  The best place to start is where you are.  You have done this once very well.  I think you have a plan in place so just flush those things or throw them out somewhere and go for it. Plenty of people here to talk to and help.

K

• Like 5

Hey Kimberly and WELCOME ABOARD! I’m so glad that you’ve joined us. With your previous quit you know what to expect and are prepared to fight off those craves! If you feel that you are going to light up again send out an SOS. There is almost always someone on and I must say that our track record of assists is pretty amazing! I’m looking forward to following your quit. 🤗

• Like 4

Hi @Kimberbee, welcome to our train full of quitters :) Sounds like you have a great opportunity coming up with that apartment so I wish you the best that it happens soon for you. Sorry that you gave up that four year quit you had. I guess the good thing to that, if there were one, would be that not only do you know you can quit but you've also learned why we adhere to NOPE. 

So now that you're here why not just take the plunge and quit already?! :) 

• Like 3

Welcome aboard, Kimberly.  Quitting smoking is a great thing to do.  Read up on nicotine addiction and reach out for support here as you need it.  The sooner you quit, the better off you will be.  It is good to have you here.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome ....

Jillar is right ...no time like the present to quit ...why put more poisons in your body ...must to get rid of it again ...

There is so much best info here to help you along ....staying close to the board ...

Just jump in ...Looking forward to getting  to know you better ..😁

• Like 2

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Kimberly.  Quitting smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.

14 hours ago, Kimberbee said:

So...everything has conspired against(For?✨) me to quit.  I really want to quit and have wanted to for a long time but haven't been able to do it yet! 

"If the mountain will not come to Muhammed, then Muhammed must go to the mountain."

14 hours ago, Kimberbee said:

It's nice meeting you all and this forum seems like just what I need! I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Kimberly 🐝

Grab a seat and stay awhile.

• Like 3

@KrisI love the hobo trying to jump on the train reference because that is how I feel, and like any train-hopping traveler worth his/her salt, I also believe that I'll be able to do it too! But there is more than one train and I'm waiting for the right one: when the timing is right and I'll be able to jump up and get on!😏

@intoxicated yodaThank you!

• Like 1

I will be here waiting for you when you are ready.  I was not ready at first, I had part of a carton left and made the decision when they were gone that was it and I somehow, I do not know how did it.  

Funny thing,last week my grandson was here and we were making cookies, I told him to grab a spoon. When he opened the drawer I still had a bunch of lighters there. He said "what are those for?" Well they are for lighting candles that smell good, lighting your birthday candles, lighting a fire in the fireplace and the barbeque grill. At least we have good things to do with those lighters!

K

• Like 3

Finally I am starting to learn some valuable lessons.  The grandson also appreciates that I have more time to do fun things with him instead of going outside to smoke.  They are so smart.  I hope he is learning from me.  He is only 8 but I talk to him about these things in an age appropriate way so it may help him when he gets older to make good decisions. I count my self lucky my son did not pick up the habit from watching me.

K

• Like 3

@KimberbeeThanks,,,,just wondering if your and up all night person.  I am going thru one of my insomnia phases again..fixing to try to shut if down for the night, I have my grandson tomorrow.I just realized how late it was.  Watching some kind of  clash of the cover band show and it is really good.  Have to put this one on the DVR. I am going to try to go to sleep. Hope you have a good night and talk to you soon!

K

• Like 2

Hi Kimberly.  Sometimes we just need that little push to help us decide to quit.  Mine was my little guy.  But whatever gets you to quit smoking, it's 100% the right decision!  Welcome aboard.  Hope you stick around and decide to have your last smoke.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kimberbee said:

@KrisI love the hobo trying to jump on the train reference because that is how I feel, and like any train-hopping traveler worth his/her salt, I also believe that I'll be able to do it too! But there is more than one train and I'm waiting for the right one: when the timing is right and I'll be able to jump up and get on!😏

@intoxicated yodaThank you!

Just jump on ....the right time and the right Train is now !!!!

Smokers will always find a reason to carry on smoking .. I waited 52 years for the right Train 

We'll catch you ....

DDLJ-Kajol.gif

• Like 2

Hi there!

Just wanted to say welcome because everyone was so welcoming to me.

We always figure out a way around the obstacles to getting our fix. Does anyone remember being able to smoke on an aircraft? Or when there were no-smoking sections in a restaurant, meaning you could smoke in a restaurant? 

One of the greatest gifts of quitting is not having to plan around things anymore. To not have to go through the mental gymnastics of trying to figure out whether you can get outside and back in in time to get your flight. Or whether you will be kicked out of a rental property because you smoked.

But, most importantly, there is waking up in the morning and not having to smoke. And, the kicker? Not wanting to.

Wishing this for you.

Karen

• Like 3

Welcome Kimberly, congratulations on quitting smoking and taking back your life. This is one of the best and most life changing decisions you will ever make. Just grab a seat on the train and gain knowledge through the videos and articles here. Knowledge is power as you will come to learn in this fight to eliminate the addiction. Plus, always remember we are all here to help and support you.

• Like 3

@JustSomeGuy It is wonderful that you quit because of the love you have for your son. What a gift you gave him, to hopefully have many more years together because of it! No one can replace your Dad. I know because my dear dad passed away at 79 years old this year on June 3rd because of congestive heart failure. It wasn't smoking related, but years before he had lung cancer from smoking and was blessedly cancer-free  after he had 1/3 of one of his lungs removed. 

• Like 1

@Kris Hi there! I'm not an up all night person, but I do stay up late a lot when I'm doing stuff on my phone like right now, although it's not that late yet! 😁 I hope you have a restful night tonight and good sleep too! 🌠 Talk to you later! 🙂