I'm back and starting from scratch.

JustinHoot99

So I made it to 44 days.  My work trip got extended though and the long work days away from home finally brought me to the point I gave in and smoked on 10/23.  So I failed my previous quit.  I have no issue w/ the term fail, I did not meet my objective which was to not smoke again, and therefore failed the objective.  And pretty much instantly I was back up to full addiction resuming my previous pack a day.  Any lessons learned?  No.  It was a long, stressful work trip, but I knew what I was doing, when I did it, and knew what the result would be. So now I get the joy of not only losing the 44 days of red X's on my calendar I worked so hard to get and was so proud of, I get to go through the 3 days of nicotine withdraw.  Someone hit me in the head w/ the skillet. 

Anyone know how to reset the ticker start date?

Ugh @JustinHoot99, sorry to read you gave up that awesome quit you had. Maybe next time you think about caving you log on here and ask for some extra support to keep your quit? It worked really good for me every time I asked. 

As far as resetting your ticker, you have to delete the old one first BEFORE you make a new one. Otherwise it'll just keep reverting back.

@Doreensfree will be by with her frying pan soon I'm sure.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JustinHoot99 said:

Any lessons learned?  No. 

One cigarette led immediately back to one pack-a-day.

Instead of feeling any long-term relief from having smoked, you instead felt instant regret.

Building on what you had is preferable to starting all over again.

Looks to me like there might be a couple of lessons in there.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Boo said:

One cigarette led immediately back to one pack-a-day.

Instead of feeling any long-term relief from having smoked, you instead felt instant regret.

Building on what you had is preferable to starting all over again.

Looks to me like there might be a couple of lessons in there.

For me, a lesson would be something new I learned, but thats all in the sematics.. But all are true.

• Like 4

Okay it is what is, get back on the train with the one way ticket.  I will not fuss or complain. I have the luxury or not having to work or be in the company of people that aggravate me. If things were different I do not think I would be doing as well. I feel the pressure you must be feeling, I think I might have also lost my way in the real world. I know you are working hard on this and for that I can only send you good thoughts and prayers. You will get to the destination, sometimes we need a different map so we can try a new way to get there.

K

• Like 7

Someone hit me in the head w/ the skillet. 

Aww what did you do that for ?.....

You broke the rule .....Never stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it .....

Ok ....your back on track ....that good....

My advice ...after I wack you with my frying pan is ....

Stay close to the board ..post daily ...join in ..help others...play games ...it helps thier quit and most 

Important ...yours ...!!!!

PoorWastefulAustralianshelduck-size_restricted.gif

• Like 8

Well, it is what it is. Now you start again. No use crying over spilt milk. Just check in here, when the urge strikes, instead of lighting up. Talk to us. Start a workout program. Play our silly games. In short, hang out here. It really works. Above all, welcome back aboard. You CAN do this….

• Like 7

Justin:

These worked for me especially at work and stressful situations 

image.png.937aa44734bed9b65178856aa09ca03c.png

Take a snort and your sinus lights up, Non additive, and they have 100 % all natural Drug free.  My hard spot was driving and work and I can tell you there were several times these inhalers save my quit.  just something to Consider.

• Like 3

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. The true measure of your resolve is what you do next. Do you get back on the train and show nicotine who's boss! Or do you cave into those cravings. You are stronger than the addiction. You must believe this no matter what because if you can not then failure will always be just a crave away. I quit cold turkey and have always believed that I am stronger than the addiction. You can do it as well you just need to BELIEVE in yourself. 

• Like 4

Sorry to hear @JustinHoot99 but glad you're back to quitting again.  The thing with triggers is that once you overcome the daily triggers, you have to be just as alert and prepared for the occasional triggers.  By prepared I mean that they have to be fought and overcome the same way as the daily triggers.

• Like 6

Thanks all.  Today marks day 2.  
Getting through the first 3 days will be easy again.  As I did before, I had my wife hide my car keys.  When you physically can not get to the cigarettes, it really diminishes what you perceive as physical withdraws.

The mojo is low this time though.  It's like saving up a million dollars, then blowing it one night gambling, and thinking "well, I'll just start again".
But time will get me over the depression of failing my previous quit.  Hopefully this time I can remember how this depression feels when I get the urges to smoke.

Any yes, you all can hit me in the head w/ a frying pan whenever you think I need it.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, JustinHoot99 said:

But time will get me over the depression of failing my previous quit. 

Mistakes were made.  You can't unring that bell.

What you can do is focus on today and look to the future.

Don't let regret trap you in a place that you can't get out of.

7 hours ago, JustinHoot99 said:

The mojo is low this time though. 

Somedays, the mojo reserve runs dry.  Those are the days you just keep trudging along and making forward progress.

Hang in there Justin.  You will once again reach a point where you can let the high times carry the low.

• Like 6

People, situations, mojo, depression  have nothing to do with staying quit. In a few weeks or days you will have forgotten these events. Frankly you should accept drudgery, cranky people, misery, upset with open arms. Not because you want them in your life but due to the fact these events and thoughts change your sub conscious and eventually build new neural pathways. Over time (less than a year) your brain and sub conscious will have changed into a non smoker. The Sarge will be quit 10 years in a week. He always advocates that it is down to you after the education.  Following a group of quitters is motivation.  You have to stay committed NOPE

• Like 5

G’day

Those crappy shitty bad days are just as important as the good ones. They are all one day more away from the smoker you were. It’s a journey. A minute at a time at stages hours at other but ultimately they add up to days.

Have a smoke and you give them all back so even those shitty ones that you fought the nicotine devil to a standstill are important.

Keep your eyes on the prize it’s ahead of you. Make every day a non smoking one and they’ll add up behind you

Not One Puff Ever

• Like 3

Appreciate the posts.

Was reading one of my flash cards that says, "Withdrawal is the dis-ease leaving the body." For me, and I suspect everyone else here, there is the initial physical withdrawal and then there is the psychological withdrawal. The latter can feel like the former since we used nicotine to address every mood swing (good or bad) we ever had. 

For today, I am practicing gratitude when a challenge arises.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night.

K

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, KEL said:

Appreciate the posts.

Was reading one of my flash cards that says, "Withdrawal is the dis-ease leaving the body." For me, and I suspect everyone else here, there is the initial physical withdrawal and then there is the psychological withdrawal. The latter can feel like the former since we used nicotine to address every mood swing (good or bad) we ever had. 

For today, I am practicing gratitude when a challenge arises.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night.

K

Gratitude will change your Attitude!!!

• Like 5