Kris is Four Months Smoke Free Today!!!

jillar

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and encouragement.  I know it should be a special day.

I have just been struggling a little so I have been busy keeping my self occupied.  All the mindless things, cleaning the toilets, putting up new shower liners in the bath.  I need to get new bath rugs and the all exciting new toilet bowl seats.  I just hate it when I can't do all the things I used to.  With the hip replacement it is fine to get down to the floor, I have problems getting back up.  Tried to get on the step ladder to dust ceiling fans and change some light bulbs.  Well that was a no go.  I am pissed I can not do the things I have always done. I have cleaned the kitchen, organized the pantry. Went to a couple of stores to stock up on dog food, diet coke and wine. Second store was food stock up, good ground beef for the freezer, sausage I use in recipes for the freezer.  When was the last time you could get Campbells tomato soup 3 cans for a buck. Took up a rug in the den due to my little girl (dog)  having accidents the last few days. She is feeling better but I will wait a few days before I put down the new rug.

So now you can see, I have been having a hard time here of late.  At least I am getting things done.

Love and great thanks for all you do for everyone here!

K

• Like 5

Congrats Kris I know this has not been easy but you have endured and it shows your strength.

The hardest part is over, but this is a long haul dont get too comfortable.

We are all addicts we just don't use anymore.

Ace is proud of you!!

• Like 3

Ace, thanks that means a lot from you.  I was a swimmer all my life. Have a letter jacket to prove it.  Was a lifeguard at one time.  Loved swimming but it slowly left my life as an adult.  I am looking to bring it back because I know the joy of it.  I have located a pool nearby but I am still unsure of the safety of being around others with the new delta variant.  I would need to start with slow freestyle workouts and kick board strength training.  I do not know if flip turns would ever be in the future at this age but you never know until you try. I would not even attempt the butterfly.  

K

• Like 4

No Ace, I am not a twin but wish I had one.  I loved to swim so much that I had the green chlorine look to my hair as a child, as I became a teenager I wore a swim cap in the pool for workouts and nothing in the lake.  I tended to go blond of some sort in the summers at the lake.  That was my biggest swim across a lake.  I think it was about 3 miles, that was a long time ago.  We swam miles in the pool at high school. I had to be at school at 6AM for workouts that lasted for 2 hours. Then we had the normal 1 hour class workout the last hour of school.  I never though of it as hard, I just wanted to be in the water. I look back now and wonder how I did that.

K

• Like 3

Thanks Steven, I now have your in Burbank in my mind, not Chicago.  Now I think of you, don't laugh, that you live where the Beverly Hillbillies was filmed, is that correct?  I do not know why but now that just pops up in my head as like the closing at the end of the episode.  My husband was a fan of shows in that time period and this was one of them.

K

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kris said:

Thanks Steven, I now have your in Burbank in my mind, not Chicago.  Now I think of you, don't laugh, that you live where the Beverly Hillbillies was filmed, is that correct?  I do not know why but now that just pops up in my head as like the closing at the end of the episode.  My husband was a fan of shows in that time period and this was one of them.

K

I don't know about Beverly Hillbillies, but the Partridge Family was filmed right down the street.

• Like 1