Closing thought of the day

@LindaOkay, you did not make it and I hate to tell you but I made the best burger ever!  If things ever get tight around here I will open a burger stand at the end of the driveway.  I was quite sucessful as a child running a KoolAid operation.  My future is secure.

K

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kris said:

@LindaOkay, you did not make it and I hate to tell you but I made the best burger ever!  If things ever get tight around here I will open a burger stand at the end of the driveway.  I was quite sucessful as a child running a KoolAid operation.  My future is secure.

K

@Kris I tried to catch a flight but no luck LOL  I do have relatives in Texas. They live in Fischer.

Maybe if I get to visit them again, I can come for that burger!!!😂😂

I have no idea where that is but we might be able to make work. I will look it up.   If you could take the Texas summers, you could move there and escape your winters.  I am only afraid to move north because I just don't know all the things about survival in that climate  and I am to old to learn.

K

• Haha 1

Good evening Addicts...ol' Yoda is still suffering a bit tonight but it's seems to not be any worse.  I love seeing all the activity on this thread.  Makes me feel relevant.  I made a decision to quit the coffee today and Holeee  Shiiiiiit!!! what a headache.  I did not anticipate that.  Going forward I'm going to do some experimentation in self denial but right now it's don't smoke and replace the coffee with something and give it a week or two before the next change.  I should do videos on it but i've got a face that is much more suited to message boards.  As always, know that ol' Yoda loves each and every one of you junkies and wants nothing but best and cleanest future the universe has to offer for all of us.  So let's all stay strong and stick it to them by not letting them stick it to us.  Peace

• Like 1

Thanks @jillar I guess I am still in the learning phase of all this techno wizardrey.  I will try to be more aware of where things started.  I kind of jump in out of no where.  I see something and just start typing.  My apologies Yoda, did not mean to highjack

K

• Like 1

Good evening to all my junkies...ol' Yoda got a new bedtime story for ya and this one might actually have something of a little substance.  Spending all my time crying and whining about crawling thru tubes of crap to escape my smoking prison was a real drag especially when I ran across a post from Ace and found out he flew out of his prison, I'm assuming it was first class because that is what my hope would be.  But here is the juice of tonights sphincter tightening episode...I found that there is a definite and profound link to my gut health and level of cravings.  Shall I explain?  Oh please do Yoda cuz you da shizzle...ok, here we go.  

On a scale of 1 to 10 my craving levels usually are at about a 16 and constant like an abscessed tooth.  The only thing that really would calm them down was taking a long walk but it couldn't be just a slow walk, it had a be a walk like I intended to get somewhere.  A walk with purpose.  That caused a really bad pain in my hip due to some nerve damage so I think the pain of my hip took my mind off my cravings. Now it would be great if I could just walk it off but I've got a bit more rehab to do before that becomes a viable option.

Anyhow, I needed to deal with this never ending bloat I'm experiencing so I decided that I would cut out the coffee and replace it with koumboucha tea and see if that would help and possibly take some pressure off of the nerve in my back.  Well, surprise surprise...the bloating was a lot less severe today,  In fact, I didn't even start to get the daily bloat until about 4 pm.  It usually starts when the toothpaste hits my tongue first thing in the morning.  And the cravings, I would say were about at a 4 when I got up and stayed around a 2 or a 3 most of the day.  Just enough to let me know I was still being stalked which I'm okay with.  Even the pain in my hip seemed less severe during my walk.   Now this evening as I ate dinner and the bloat returned the craving is back up to around a 12 but I can live with a few hours of discomfort per day especially since I feel like I'm on the right track.  So I'm working on getting a regime together for healing my gut and will keep the results updated here as things progress.  If anyone has experienced anything similar please let me know.  Love you all and will send the good vibes to all my fellow quitters out there.  Peace

• Like 3

@intoxicated yodaCan't speak of your specific struggles, for me it is just the getting older stuff.  I do not know much about you but can say I think you should be a writer...a book, a blog etc.  You are a very interesting detailed read.  I wish I could be so enthralling to those who read my words.  It is a gift you have been given.  Wishing you success in the battle with your belly.

K

• Like 2

Great post tonight  @intoxicated yoda, I'm glad you had a break today. Hopefully its the start of many as your body continues to repair the damage.

I don't recall feeling bloated, I was more gassy lol. But I tell you that some of these recovery symptoms last for several months but if you're particularly worried or uncomfortable you should probably ask your Dr.

• Like 2

@jillar ya know, if there wasn't a reason for the bloat i might be a little worried about it, but I can track the sluggish digestion all the way back to the quit so I feel like a little more time and attention and with the great support I get from you and the others here I'm sure it will go back to whatever normal is.  I did have a weird smoke dream the other night.  I don't remember all the nuances of it but I pulled out a cigarette and lit it and as soon as I took that first drag off of it, it was just a long ash all the way to the filter and I didn't get any smoke.  So I went to get another one out of the pack but it was empty.  Then I woke up wondering where the hell I was at what had just happened.  It was very lucid.  

• Like 2

I appreciate this. So what I cannot do is smoke. But what I can do is go work-out. Fortunately, what I cannot do does not interfere with what I can do! In fact, it helps. Imagine that.

Hope everyone here is having a blessed day.

K

• Like 3

So I can not go out and smoke BUT I CAN:

Leave right after work tonight heading up to the Game refuge, going to Baby set it for three days if we count tonight.

Readjusted the relief of the Green dot sight and got it to right now, tomorrow Ill spend most of the day fine tuning the sight.   Figure I should run about 60 rounds thru her, I should be able to hit 3 different 4/6" paper plates rapid fire.

when I am able to consistently do that I will triple the amount of meat I bring home.

Also going to give blowing up the Hog to skin it,  Compressed air blowing up.  picked me up a couple of 36" air guns they should make those pigs float like they were in the  macy's parade. 

I am sure I will figure it out after two or three hogs.

What's that ?  What am I shooting ?  it is the hog gun of the century

(in California):

Browning BAR Mark lll, 308, 10 round DBM,  I was fortunate to come across one of the few new ones that were still out there for sale.

Granted I did pay up for it but Hell it was looking like I would never hold a new one in my smoke free hands.  and it was my one year smoke free to my self.   Thank you very much OPAH,   OOOH and you guys to, it my have taken another couple years if it wasn't for this train. 

TOMORROW I PLAY !!!!

• Like 5

Good Evening to all my junkie pals,  quick update for anybody interested.  First of all, I've had no coffee since either Friday or Saturday.  I'd like to say no caffeine but I've had a couple of sodas and by a couple of I mean one plus a little bit of chocolate.  The use of kombucha tea instead of coffee has definitely made a difference in the intensity of cravings, the bloating and digestion.  Another trial balloon I've floated up is eating carnivore for a few days.  That is something I believe could be a game changer for those whose systems can handle it.  I know just a couple of days and I started getting some new found energy.  I'll be doing some research on that as far as it impacts lung function and circulatory repair.  If I find anything of interest I'll update on this thread.  If it's earth shattering I'll make a new topic so it can be easier to follow both supporting and detracting replies.  I think tomorrow I will start a 90 day challenge of eating nothing but beef with salt as the only seasoning.  

The kombucha tea is really starting to intrigue me.  It is a detox facilitator and I noticed this morning my chest was a little congested and I was hacking up some white phlegm.  My mouth felt and tasted like I smoked 2 packs the night before and it had somewhat of a metallic taste.  I saw some anecdotal evidence of someone that flushed a bunch of stuff after 6 weeks of drinking the stuff so I plan on continuing with it for at least another month.  

The last thing on the list of experiments is oil pulling.  Search it up and try it out.  I've done it for 2 days with olive oil but I think coconut oil might be a better choice.  It makes my teeth feel smooth and clean and it is supposed to assist with detoxing.  

Anyhow, I'm getting to the point where I'm about to go all in on making the best me that I can.  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and jeopardize my quit but what's the point of quitting if not to improve and get everything out of life that you can grab??  I'll have some other updates on the nerve issues in my back and the problem with my hip.  Until then, stay strong and remember that I really do care deeply about each of you and want nothing but the best for all of you.  Peace

• Like 3

Wow, I did not understand some of that, but that is I am not up on all the new stuff.  I will say a diet of only beef does not sound wise. If you want to go with proteins, beef, chicken, pork and fish that sounds okay but your body needs the vitamins, minerals and fiber from vegetables.  My husband did the atkins thing and lost a lot of weight. No carb of any kind.   I wish you well on your journey.  Keep us up to date.

K

• Like 3