Hello Quittrain from an old quitter

JonGuirl

I was basically an out of control chainsmoker, 2-3 packs a day, and started really thinking about it when I turned 50.   Figured it was now or never!

Found the old QSMB (quitsmokingmessageboard, now gone) and whyquit.com and they were both enormous resources.   

Between those two and the Allen Carr Easyway book I was able to beat my addiction.  whyquit is a great resource to learn and understand WHY nicotine has such a grip on people.   Lots of reading and understanding helped me defeat it for sure, and Easyway helped a ton too.   It really helped me 'flip the switch' in my mind and break free.

January 29 2013 I put out the last one, blew the smoke out the window and said "THATS IT - NO MORE!"  And have been free every since.   I was hopelessly addicted and never thought I was going to do it, so anyone struggling with it just believe you can do it because YOU CAN!  Use this board and all the other stuff and you WILL!

Good luck!

Jon

Edited by JonGuirl
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, jillar said:

Welcome again @JonGuirl, I was a member of qsmb until it imploded too. You may see some familiar faces as many of us landed here 😊 

I think I remember ya - it's been a while!   I for sure remember Cristobal, he was a big inspiration to me.

I had to look back thru old Email to remember who I was there - I was 'TennesseeFree'  LOL

Edited by JonGuirl
  • Like 4

I, too, am a member of the QSMB... class of 2017 SmokeBusters! That online support group is the main reason I was able to power through my quit. I was devastated when it imploded and was so lucky to find my way here so I could climb aboard the Quit Train and here I am all these years later! 😷 

• Like 6