Struggling

Linda

I have had a bad week and have been fighting bad craves and wanting to smoke!!

They are starting to wear me down. I know if I do I don't think I have another quit in me.

I'm getting my I don't give a shit attitude and I know I'm in trouble when I go there.

• Sad 2

Oh @Linda, I'm so sorry your struggling but  smoking will only bring you farther down. You've got nine months of craves you've successfully tackled so you know you can do it again.

Don't forget your tools. Do something that you never smoked doing. Take a hot bath, eat some sweets, drag out your JAC if you have to. I'm not too proud to say I've used my JAC well past my first year quit. We do whatever we have to to keep our awesome quits! Hang in there, this too shall pass 🤗

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Linda,  I also have been having major craves. I think it will be along time before the craves go away, I am not happy about it but I am trying to accept that it is what it is.  Sometimes the more we struggle against things the harder it gets.  I let the feeling wash over me and then the pressure, the crave starts to wind down. Just sit down, try to relax your shoulders and neck.  Breathe, just breathe... it will remind you how much better it is just to breathe, no struggle, no coughing spells.  I do not know why this seems to help me but it does.

K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Linda said:

Thanks @jillar and @Kris This is a tough one tonight I know its no excuse just been a bad week and have some personal

shit going on that I need to make a decision on and not coming up with the right answer

i know it's cliche but there are no right or wrong answers.  there are only choices and those choices have consequences.  you may not know what consequences you will face on the personal stuff going on but you do know the consequences of going for that cig.  All i can do write some pithy crap and hope you it helps you find the strength to get through the struggle and maybe it means something to you that a stranger really does care about you succeeding.  Good Luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it helps, personal shit happens to a lot of people.  And of course craves are normal because it's a 'different' type of trigger to the daily triggers that you've previously overcome.  These ones need to be fought and conquered all over again and tend to be just as hard.

What's great is that you have the courage to post here and not do anything else.  That shows your strength and commitment.  What you're feeling is not weakness, it's just something you're feeling but your actions .... are strong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Linda ....

Life throws some crap curve balls ....even Non Smokers have to deal with a whole lot of crap too....

What helped me was being told ....Ok if you smoke ..what's changed ...nothing !!!!!

The crap will still be all there...and you would feel more crap because to threw away a wonderful Quit 

That you have fought so hard for ...

It's ok to have thoughts ...we all have them ....it's what action you take that's important....

You deep down don't want to smoke again ...because you came here and got it off your chest ....

Your fighting your battles ..your fighting the monster ....it might not always feel like your winning 

But you are ...the only way way is forward ....

Trust me ....in time you will solve a problem and the thought of a cigarette won't even come to mind ...

It's OK to Wobble....but don't fall over ....🐸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Linda,

I hope this day goes better and finds you feeling stronger.
I haven't had to go through a highly stressful situation yet but I can see how it would be a major trigger.  Keep turning here and typing as much as is needed.
This place is my Chantix.  And frying pan.  And therapist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1