Almost

Linda

I had a great time at the before and at the wedding

But I am here to say I came so close to throwing my quit away. Holy crap

The wine and champagne at the house before the wedding, champagne

In the limo ride to the wedding, the wedding was at the Detroit Whiskey factory,

So a whole lot of drinking at the wedding!!! I we

went outside to get some fresh air and don't you

know there was someone out there smoking and even my brand I really even took one which I wanted and thought a minute before I lit it and

said no thanks and gave it back,which I really did not want to. Very close call. But this AM thank God I did.But this morning with the hang over I remember 

why I don't drink like that anymore. But it was a great time last night and a whole lot of fun!!! But no smoking.So I'm not safe yet!!! But I have the train to thank

for that.I almost did an SOS but had no service there.

• Like 5

I’m so glad that you took that minute to think before you lit that cigarette up! It’s great that you’ve seen that for an addict the temptation never truly goes away and that we all need to remain vigilant when guarding our quits.  You did great! 🤗

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Linda, you answered the bell.  You didn't smoke.  Your quit is intact and stronger for having met the challenge.

Cravings and smoking thoughts are a part of the process.  Dealing with the cravings without caving is what successful quitters do.

Good work Linda.  Glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Linda, it takes a good year to get past all the triggers you may face throughout any given year. Then there are the events that don't happen regularly that also can cause craves. You have to remember that you smoked for years and its just not realistic to think that in only 9 months time you would be over any craves so give yourself a break. You did it now the next wedding will be that much easier :) 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Linda said:

@jillar should be proud but not sure. I thought I should be past that crave. So I found that kind of dicouraging

But I know now I'm not

I don't think an addict ever stops having cravings.  Less often as time goes on, but I've read profiles of people who gave in to a craving after 5 and even 10 years.
But you managed to stop yourself even under the influence of alcohol.  That's a huge success.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You were tested Linda .... Alcohol and Nicotine ....

You kept your quit ....this IS something to be proud of .....

You are still very early in your journey .....but as time goes on it does get easier ...

We must never let our guard down ....

Well done Linda ..

• Like 4

• 1 month later...