Been a little slow here

JustinHoot99

@maybaby66 Hi and welcome to the start of your new life.  It will be hard at first, just take it a day at a time.  There are so many wonderful people here to offer you support and advice.  I am only 6 months quit but I can tell you that you will feel better sooner than you think!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard @maybaby66 and congratulations on a week quit, you're already through hell week 😊

You'll find all the support you need/want from us as we love a quitter and who better knows what we go through when quitting then those who've already been there 😊

Stick close and be sure to post an SOS if you feel your quit is in jeopardy. We have quitters from all over the world here so there's almost always someone here 24/7 😊

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

Welcome @maybaby66! I’m a September ‘66 baby! You’ve survived your first week of not smoking!!! 🙌 Even though you still have some rough days ahead of you mentally, the worst of the physical withdrawal should be about done. I’m glad that you found us here and we will all be glad to help you whenever necessary. Just reach out. There is almost always someone available. Again, WELCOME! 🤗

• Like 5

@maybaby66Hi there! I am an October 66 baby! So look at us @Gus!

Welcome and it does get easier. Like above, there is always someone around on the site and we like nothing better than helping someone get free. It has the added benefit of helping us stay free!

Look forward to getting to know you.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, maybaby66 said:

Hello, new here and just quit 7 days ago.  I’m 55 and tired of not having a life because I can’t breathe, can’t exercise like a normal person, can’t walk far and no one wants to come near me because I smell bad all the time.  I feel like i’m dying but I guess I’ll get through it.  

Welcome!! 

Great news is feeling better is so close. Stick with your quit.

See ya around-

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Put a positive spin on it.   Lack of new membership or activity on forums means there are fewer smokers to sign up and post.  Yay, it’s working, good job everyone!

I rarely see a smoker “in the wild” these days.   Or maybe I should leave the house more often, either way I’m surprised when I see someone smoking.

• Like 5