Been a little slow here

JustinHoot99

Haven't heard from many new quitters in a while, which is unfortunate because quitting smoking, though hard, is so much better than continuing smoking.
So how about all the "already quitters" go out and grab 3 smokers off the street and stick them on this site.

Sure wish someone would have done that for me 10, 20, or 30 years ago.

If only it could work that way.

Alas, it has to be a personal decision.

• Like 5

Your never are ready until you are ready. I did not want to quit but I finally came to the conclusion it truly was life or death.  It has been hard but nowhere near as hard as I thought.  I am still what I call a newbie. Almost at 14 weeks.  I still crave hard but I know it is just a mind game now.  Realizing that has made it easier.  

K

• Like 7

Yep, you have to be ready. I make sure to tell everyone about our site whenever the opportunity presents itself but its up to them to make that decision. We've had 9 new members sign up in the last month which I think is pretty darn good😊

I also remember lurking as a guest my first few weeks quit before signing up so there's just no telling how many people are getting help here but don't want to register for one reason or another. And that's ok too😊

• Like 7

If only we could ....I would spend all day on the street ....

We do have alot of lurkers ....I'm sure reading your posts and everyone else's is helping them heaps....

I tried all I could to get my closest friend to Quit ....but failed ...

She has now sadly passed away did to a smokers illness....

Glad you signed up Justin ....😁👍

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Glad you signed up Justin ....😁👍

Me too.  This site was and still is being a life saver for me.

We do have alot of lurkers ....I'm sure reading your posts and everyone else's is helping them heaps....

I tried all I could to get my closest friend to Quit ....but failed ...

I know I've checked out sites related to all kinds of thing, just reading from the background, considering, sometimes wishing.
All I can say is if you are lurking and quitting is something you've been thinking about doing for a while, you really should give it a try.  It's hard, and it's annoying, but it's not half of the terror you are running through your mind. That "terror" you feel when you think of trying is your subconscious kicking into overdrive to "protect" what it perceives as something you need for survival.  It creates the illusion that this is some monstrous thing to even be considering.  In reality, deciding to pull the trigger and quit is probably the hardest part of recovery from nicotine addiction. I would equate it to an alcoholic admitting they need help and committing to getting the help.  Once you set a quit date and actually start the quit on that date, you've pulled the trigger and you are on your way.  There will be difficult days, and I'm having one today, but you can get through them. So if you are reading this, and have been considering it, for your health and happiness, give it a chance and try to quit.  This group helped me quit, and we can help you as well.  Both your health and your wallet will thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

I also remember lurking as a guest my first few weeks quit before signing up so there's just no telling how many people are getting help here but don't want to register for one reason or another. And that's ok too😊

I was one of those lurkers back-in-the-day.  Read a lot of the posts here and watched several videos.  I procrastinated for a couple of weeks and signed on the same day I quit.  The Quit Train set the wheels in motion for me before anyone even knew I was here.

By posting here you are helping people you haven't even met yet and may never meet.

• Like 8

Smoking addiction- Hi my name is Ace and i'm an addict.

I choose to not smoke and each day for the rest of my life I will be required to make this decision.

While that decision gets easier it never goes away

I'll always be one puff away from being a smoker. 

Wish it were easy to drag someone to the train and push them on board i'd line up every smoker I loved

Edited by AceWhite
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I come here and read the new posts almost everyday.  It helps me to not just forget about trying to quit, and it also helps me to stay quit longer at times.  I'm glad this site is here.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, JH63 said:

I come here and read the new posts almost everyday.  It helps me to not just forget about trying to quit, and it also helps me to stay quit longer at times.  I'm glad this site is here

@JH63 Glad your staying in touch with the train!! Keep reading

• Like 5

tbh i found this site a couple of weeks before i signed up.  normally i wouldn't have joined a site like this but having somewhere to piss and moan about the agony of suffering from my own stupidity is therapeutic.  and having people that will help and not judge my stupidity does get me emotional.  A big thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those who made this site possible.

• Like 9

LURKERS?  I say Not,  Curious, Longing, wanting More and better Yes

Come have a answer to all your questions, come and learn, come and better your life for you and yours. Come one Come all.

Put and end To your ?

image.png.9d13922b2a0fd7dd4b090ce00ca1858b.png

Edited by Opah
  • Like 1

I would recommend this site IF I knew anyone that smoked, I hardly ever even see anyone smoking theses days.

a couple months back, I visited some relatives, and attended an (outdoor) 60th birthday party that probably 40+ people attended and I didn’t see one person smoking, with the exception of 3 guys who joined the birthday boy in a cigar as the party wound down (I wasn’t one of them).

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Bringing this one back for all of our new members or lurkers as some may be.  @Sal @TONY we are here for you and happy you are on the train.  I know that you are facing a challenge everyday but you are winning.  That is the most amazing thing for me, that there are so many out there that want to quit and are doing it.  It is possible but even at the beginning we did not think so.  We take the challenge one day at a time.  Then everyday we feel better physically and mentally. Kind of a rush don't you think, that we can win, at least that is how it feels to me. 

• Like 6

The cravings are normal this early in your quit!! But keep yourself

busy eat something, drink some water they will pass and it does get 

easier!!! Just don't smoke!!! You are doing great you made it through

Hell week!!! Congrats

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kris said:

@Sal When I first joined the board I did not know what a thread was or how anything worked. I am way behind (did I say way, way) on technology. Did not have a clue and I still have to ask poor @jillar questions.  

When i joined my first board I didn't either Kris, I just have a habit of clicking on stuff until I figure it out lol. That's got me in trouble a couple of times though 😂

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@jillar Thanks for being there,  I do try to be careful about things.  I have tried to do many things here at the house that have been a s***show. I have replaced plumbing fixtures, took apart pipes under sinks to clean out clogs with great success.  My first disaster was trying to fix a toliet and I had water shooting straight to the ceiling. That was a fun one.  You never know what you can do until you try.  I do have a no electricity clause because that would be a killer if you know what I mean LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, @Sal lets get back to the basics.  We are all alive. We will all die one day. We have all been smokers. So, back to the beginning, we are alive, we can make choices right now, what we do to enjoy life.  Second, we all will die one day, how do we want to arrive at that point?  Do we want it to be sooner or later.  I think the answer is we want to enjoy our life and we want a peaceful easy death.  Right now those are the two questions we need to ask ourselves.  That will guide us, give us strength, help us do the right thing no matter how hard.  We have to look at reality, there is no do over, we only have to really think about these things. We can make the right decision. 

• Like 2

Hello, new here and just quit 7 days ago.  I’m 55 and tired of not having a life because I can’t breathe, can’t exercise like a normal person, can’t walk far and no one wants to come near me because I smell bad all the time.  I feel like i’m dying but I guess I’ll get through it.  

• Like 3