10 month quit sudden cravings

peeper

Smoked my last cigarette New Year's Eve. 2 anxious days and no problems after that until 2 weeks ago. Out of the blue I have been craving a cigarette. Nothing in my routine changed to warrant the cravings. No stress. No illness. Nothing new out of the ordinary. I have been exercising regularly since Aug. 1st. I know if I smoke 1 cigarette I will be hooked again and will never quit. I will not go back. I'm smarter and stronger than that! Any idea why the sudden cravings after 10 months? Thank you!

• Like 2

No idea on the sudden cravings.  It could be something you wouldn't even recognize as a trigger such as a smell or sound that reminded your subconscious of an enjoyable time you had where you were smoking.  Even a dream that you can not remember.  It would be nice if we could always associate the craving w/ a trigger, but not going to happen.  The important thing is you focused on the quit and took action.  Got on here, asked questions.  

It goes to show that once an addict, always an addict.  Some addicts are active users, some are in control.  But the addiction pathways in the brain are always there.  If they weren't we could smoke a few and it wouldn't be a big deal.

Congrats on 10 months of not smoking.

• Like 4

Hi @peeper its good to see you. Congratulations on ten months quit, that's awesome!😊 As far as your sudden craves go, there really is no rhyme or reason sometimes for them to pop up except for the fact that we smoked for a LOT of years so it goes to figure that nicodemon isn't going to leave without a battle. I remember being 11 months quit and that whole month craving a congrats to me for making it a year quit cigarette! How dumb would that have been?!

So just hang in there and keep saying NOPE and it WILL get better 🤗

• Like 4