Hello

Sparkles

Hi. I'm not exactly new here. Just a failed ex forum member. But I'm back now. Quit two hours ago. All cigarette reminders thrown away. I've come to bed with my cats. I'm very stressed right now....not the lack of cigarettes....yet.....but the shame of what I have done to my body over the years and I don't feel I can talk to anyone about it. Hence why I am here. 

Nice to meet you all.

• Like 7

Geez ,I wish I could sparkle, now you will be brilliant

Be able to be seen from space because you are putting your self and your health first. Is it easy, no, is it worth it, yes! Go Girl, be amazing, be strong ,be beautiful!

will

• Like 5

I have some people I COULD talk to, but it's not the same as being here.  Here I have people who either are about to, just starting, intermediate, and long term quitters.  Lots of experience and they don't mind hearing me whine when I'm down, give advice when needed, and congratulate small victories on a daily basis.

• Like 7

Welcome back on the Train Sparkles.

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I'm very stressed right now....not the lack of cigarettes....yet.....but the shame of what I have done to my body over the years and I don't feel I can talk to anyone about it.

This place is full of folks that understand where you're at and what you're going through.

Grab a seat and stay awhile.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I've just got home from work. Weirdly no cravings so far. Just need to find ways to fill those gaps....so having a cup of tea in the sun.

I'm sure you already know the first 3 days have both the psychological and the physical withdraw cravings, then the physical withdraw symptoms are gone after 3 days.  But I believe that not only do the first 3 days of nicotene withdraw vary from person to person, but also quit to quit.  I did not trust myself to get through the first 3 days again (my 7th serious attempt to quit in 40yrs).  I live several miles from a store that sells my brand, so I asked my wife to hide both sets of my car keys for 3 days (working from home right now).  This killed my access to cigarettes unless I wanted to try a different brand which I did not.  I had maybe 10% of the physical withdraw symptoms I had in the past.  Because I simply had no access, it was like my mind just didn't think about it that much.  I think alot of what we perceive as physical symptoms is just the mind exaggerating the affects of the physical symptoms.  It would be kind of like the difference in when a man gets a cold vs a woman gets a cold.  I get a cold and instantly think I'm no longer capable of even reaching the TV remote.  My wife gets a cold and seldom even lies down.  Some of the symptoms are in the mind.
Congrats on quitting again and hang in there.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Thanks for your encouragement. 16 hours without a cigarette....whoop!

If you can do 16 hrs, you can keep going.  So glad your back and ready to finally quit.  

• Like 3