💨 puff not 💨

Tara smith

Ok, just because I am thinking about smoking doesn’t mean I want to act on it.  Well, I kind of do. It would so darn easy to find an excuse to slip off and buy some.   No matter how many times I have been in this very same scenario it’s still equally as difficult.  So I am past the first 24 hours….again. I am not trying to squash my cigarette thoughts because that would make it worse.  I am merely trying to ride it out.  Maybe time to go to the NOPE page.
That’s all for now.

• Like 4

Hang in there @Tara smith, you can do it. We're all proof of that. The NOPE thread is a daily thread so you can take it one day at A time. Just for today you promise yourself you won't smoke. 😊

I hope you're feeling a little better by now? If not try doing something you normally never smoked while doing. That worked really good for me 🤗

• Like 4

Keep hanging in there Tara! It is hard. It is so very hard, but I promise you that it is so worth it if you do! Every time you ride out a crave you get stronger! In time  you will look back and say, “That’s me! I kicked butt!” I wish you all the success in the world at quitting. Stay close and continue to reach out if needed! 🤗

• Like 4

Hi Tara, in the beginning I made endless lists. I listed what I didn’t like about smoking, what I liked about being free from nicotine, I even wrote down my most embarrassing smoking moments. I thought, if it has to be this bad, why not work my way through with everything that I’ve got? It really helped me.  

Have you found Joel’s Library yet? Many powerful video’s about quitting. 

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 4

Tara....

Have you watched the 3 Documentaries ....

This will pass some time ....they are very interesting....and was a turning point for me ....

Allen Carr the easy way to stop is a great read too....alot of us here have read it ..

Try and keep busy ..the only way forward is to fight the Demon ...!!!

• Like 3

For the most part I’ m ok right now. I’m ok because for the rest of the evening I will be with family and it would be close to impossible to smoke.  So I am grateful for family time on Sunday afternoon to keep from smoking. 🙂  Thank you. 🙂

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tara smith said:

About posting to the NOPE board, I couldn’t do it.  Seems like I need more nicotine free days and need to search real hard inside myself before I just free willie make this strong commitment.  

As others have mentioned, your NOPE pledge is for one day....You can do anything for one day!  Then start again, tomorrow.  You can do this!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 11:12 AM, Tara smith said:

I am merely trying to ride it out.  Maybe time to go to the NOPE page.

Hang in there Tara, you can do this.  I did find the Nope page helped me immensely.  There was something about making that pledge to myself that made me stick to it.

• Like 2