Back in the grips....

Freedom53

Hi @Freedom53, welcome aboard. You'll find as much support as you need/want here so you've come to the right place 😊 We have members from all over the world and in different stages of quitting so there's almost always someone here 24/7 😊

We also have a ton of great materials about our addiction, even a video forum if that's more your thing so be sure to check out all our various forums.

And when you just want to get your mind off your quit but still stay close to your support then check out our social forums. So much there from Health and Fitness to Games. There's something for everyone 😊

• Like 1

Hello and welcome ....

Glad you have took a seat ...This Train will take you all the way to Freedom ....

Quitting with folks who have been in your shoes and understand will help you along the way .

Start at the Main Smoking Discussion Board ,check out the post pinned with green ....

This is where you will find some great information.....

We have Joel's video,s too....they cover most of your concerns ....

Believe in yourself ...you can do it ....we have a train full of folks who believe I you too ....

• Like 1

🤗 Welcome aboard @Freedom53! You can do this and we are all here to help! There is so much help here on the forum. Reading the personal testimonials on here was the biggest help of all for me. It was so reassuring knowing that others had gone through the same issues as I had and survived. Oh and posting your own experiences is very helpful to yourself and others. So please stay close and if you need anything please let us know. 

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Freedom53, you have come to the best place for support and knowledge regarding nicotine addiction. Grab a seat and enjoy the journey towards a happy and healthier life. Check out all the videos and articles regarding the nicotine demon. Knowledge is power.

• Like 2

You are here, that means you are ready to embrace the fact that you want to quit and know you need other people to help to do that.  I also realized this when I needed to quit.  I am grateful to the support and understanding of other people that knew I was going to struggle. For me it has not been long.  I get on the site for the strength of others that have done this.  I think it will help you a lot. I just take it a day at a time. I am here everyday, I don't post everyday, but I do read every day.

You will be amazed at how it will help you. 

K

• Like 3

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Freedom53.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

15 hours ago, Freedom53 said:

Hi All, Newbie to the site, danced with nicotine devil and lost again. Looking for support as well as offering the same to those that are dancing to the same miserable beat as well!

You can change the beat you're dancing to anytime you like.

The choice is yours.  You have all the power.

• Like 3

Hello @Freedom53!  So glad you are here!  In the few weeks that I have been here I have found kind and helpful support from all of these amazing people.  Check in regularly and do not hesitate to post if you are struggling as you will get replies, empathy, and solid advice from other that have been in our shoes.  ❤🐻

• Like 3

@Freedom53, don't worry about wasting our time. We get it. You're a nicotine addict. We all are, that's why we're here. I just hate seeing people relapse over and over again and have to go through the worst part of quitting again and again. 

Try to stick close this time. I stayed glued to my first forum the whole first year. I knew I was around people who understood what I was going through. 

You can quit, were all proof of that 😊

• Like 2

@Freedom53

I can relate so much however I am not as strong or brave, I have been using NRT to get thru this nightmare, hoping I will make it past the worse part. I feel like I am doing well considering other things I deal with.  We just have to take it 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day at a time.  We can do it with focus and the help from other people here.  Right now my brain is curled up in the fetal position for reasons not related to smoking but it does make that crave worse.  I have learned that I will always feel that pull, I have to find other ways to handle it.  

You are not alone!

K

• Like 3

Thanks all, calling it day , feeling good and really appreciative for all of you!

I know to well the tricks that my mind will play on me, again as long as I know that nicotine is not an option it really takes the drama out of it for me.

Physically I feel great, drinking tons of water, sure most of that poison is out of my body already, its just being mentally strong, battle for sure,  one of the reasons I'm heading to bed to read and hopefully crash early and prepare for tomorrow. 

Nicotine demons are like the school yard bully , once you stand up to them and they realize that your not going to take or accept being under its control or power any longer, life is much easier!

Don't get bullied, we are in control!!

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Freedom53 said:

Thanks all, calling it day , feeling good and really appreciative for all of you!

I know to well the tricks that my mind will play on me, again as long as I know that nicotine is not an option it really takes the drama out of it for me.

Physically I feel great, drinking tons of water, sure most of that poison is out of my body already, its just being mentally strong, battle for sure,  one of the reasons I'm heading to bed to read and hopefully crash early and prepare for tomorrow. 

Nicotine demons are like the school yard bully , once you stand up to them and they realize that your not going to take or accept being under its control or power any longer, life is much easier!

Don't get bullied, we are in control!!

G’day 

unlike the schoolyard bully’s it’s not a case of fighting them. You just ignore them. 10 mins mostly of being ignored their strength is sapped and those Evil craving arnt so scary as we used to think. Next time we meet them they are pretty pathetic.... no strength.

Dont fight. Don’t give them the strength. Ignore them and strength is taken away from them.

You don’t have to be strong or fight big battles.... just ignore them, you’ll be amazed how pathetic they are. 

Go well stay safe

Chris

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Cbdave said:

G’day 

unlike the schoolyard bully’s it’s not a case of fighting them. You just ignore them. 10 mins mostly of being ignored their strength is sapped and those Evil craving arnt so scary as we used to think. Next time we meet them they are pretty pathetic.... no strength.

Dont fight. Don’t give them the strength. Ignore them and strength is taken away from them.

You don’t have to be strong or fight big battles.... just ignore them, you’ll be amazed how pathetic they are. 

The realization that Chris just described marked the turning point in my quit.

I had pledged to dig in my heels and fight like hell.  Then I asked myself: what am I fighting?  Cigarettes and cravings, an inanimate object and some passing thoughts.  The things I was fighting have as much or as little power as I give them.  I knew if I smoked again it wouldn't be because the cigarettes launched an offensive and caught me unprepared.  If I smoked again it would be because I made the choice to light up another cigarette.  The choice was mine and I had all the power.

The day I quit fighting was the day I won the war.

• Like 8

Keep up the fantastic, inspirational work, Freedom:  I love your name, BTW, because that's precisely what you're gaining in this process.  

Exercise helped me a lot, especially in the early stages.  It gave me something positive and active on which to focus, instead of just the thing I was seemingly denying myself.  As importantly, it served as medium for excess anxiety that--in retrospect--I realized that I had been "managing" (and actually exacerbating) through cigarettes.  

We're all pulling for you friend, and don't hesitate to reach out privately or publicly for help.  We've all been where you are. 

Christian99

Nearing 20 Years Quit 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...