I got eyes for you !

Opah

• 2 weeks later...

DING DING DING,  its time to take these new eyes for a work out 7 hours more of work then its on.

Fill the Yukon with Gas and check the fluids, Yes that means the oil also, Load the food, clothes, Ice chests, ammo,  Day pack and hook up the trailer and check the tire pressure.
5am coffee in hand fire arms stowed in truck,  and I am off, I am so ready to get on the road.

Wednesday morning The alarms go off, all the Toms flying down from their roosts gobbling calling for their hens.

I get to the lower meadows and start glassing, working your way around to the Over look into the riverbed, Day break and sun set are the hunting hours,

the rest of the time I spend wrenching on the Quads and Ranger, getting them ready for another season. Yes its True We drive out to pick up our Hogs, bring them Back Hang and wash them, we have a couple Skinning stations and into the Ice chests, its the easy life hunting and I will take it when I can get it.
Looking at the younger 200 lbs Hogs this year, they are just way more tasty than the Big ass Boars.   I will be back the 2nd of next year  See Ya

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Helloooooo All, yes I am back.

This was a real hard hunt, Not just the weather being adverse but the learning curve on the new rifle Hung me up a time or two.

It rained for 9 of 10 days, every thing was wet , cold and muddy and by the time I got all dialed in the pigs knew we were there.

What should have been a 3 pig hunt left me low and soaked, seems I am a un-intentional environmentalist.  3 pigs are alive today because  I failed to get the job done.

• Like 1

Awww man! Well, as it is said, ‘better hunt next time!’ I thought about you on New Years Day as I was enjoying my pork ribs. But hey, at least you are a bit more familiar with the new rifle. You really need to name her! HaHa Oh and WELCOME BACK! 😎

• Like 1

Thank you, it was an adventure, A big learning curve, Need to work with my rifle more and possibly get a new scope for it and yes I need to get a good rain gear that doesn't make a bunch of noise with every move.

It did push me, made me work harder and longer, it was a good trip.

• Like 1

@Opah, So sorry you did not bring home the bacon, ribs, ham or the other wonderful parts to fill your freezer.  The important thing is you had a good time despite the weather.  I am sure that played a big part in your sucess.  Count your blessings as you got time to get friendly with your new lady, have time to reflect on your life and sucess in all things.  It is the best vacation, when you are doing something you enjoy and have real down time to think about how blessed you are.  True relaxation is hard to come by.

Thank you:

yes I have been reflecting before I left to Hunting my engine in my Toyota 4X4 let go, had to blame myself on that one, so I count my blessings and take my Big ass Yukon 8.1  3/4 ton 4X4 in stead it does great with no issues the yesterday I can into work on my off day just to pick up my co phone

( boss getting up set I am not carrying it 24/7? ) and getting on the freeway it gets squirrely on he freeway and my oil pressure drops to 0, Bang bang Clatter clatter and the motor is toast.  2 freaking motors in just about as many weeks.  Now we will find out what a rebuild for a 8.1 monster motor 

is going to run, and The Toyota motor is a V6 four cam some thing it is also not going to be cheap either.  Yes I look at the blessing even with the motors letting go, either one could have left me 250 + miles away from home  instead of 10 miles.  figuring for both engines 10K

• Sad 2

Still breathing in and out, get out of bed in the morning and awaiting the estimate on my Yukon, figure I will give them to Monday before I call.

All right Opah snap out of it, "it is what it is"  "What will be will be" 

where is my Joy ?

New day, new Mind set, Jumped up and grabbed the Day by its Testies.

I said to the day,  Today Is going to be Better, I am going to have a bright and sunny day.  So here I am working on a Sunday had to wake up at 430am and had a sorter machine down at the get go.

I figured live is challenge enough, why go thru it feeling like crap when you don't have to.  So we fixed the Machine wrote all the reports called all the big wigs and sat down to a bowl of menudo,  God I love that stuff in the morning.  Guess I found my Joy

• Like 1

Man two vehicles broken, and now my Mom is back in the hospital.

Looks like we got her there before it got really Bad, but then again they still don't know what the hell happened to her.

Things would go wrong and then get back to normal before they knew why.

Looks like it is going to be a FM cure this time, I am sure they will find a way to mix Covid into this, even with two negative tests.

OK  that is anough

Edited by Opah
  • Sad 2

My mom is on her way home, still not sure what happened. the paramedics said a heart blockage, by the time she got to the hospital her heart was fine.

Then it was high potassium she has had that before but it was medicines.

round of dialysis and its is good,  oooops next morning not good. ok where is the potassium coming from ?  another round of dialysis.

so skip the Cardiac people and bring in the kidney.  they say her kidneys got injured by something ?   what who knows for the now.

but she is home and I am happy,  found my Joy !  Love that woman.

• Like 3

@Opah, every time my mom was having weird stuff going on kidney related it always ended up she had a bad UTI. I don't know why they don't automatically check for that but we always had to tell them she had a history of them and sure enough she had one. 

So make sure you have them check her for one. Glad she's on the mend :) 

@jillar I went through that exact thing with my mother!!

I could always tell when she had a UTI. When she

was in the nursing home I would tell them she has one

and they wouldn't believe me and finally they would check

and she would have one. They finally would listen to me.

• Like 1

Time to buy some AZO and keep it on hand.

I will check with my Daughter she is the one with all the info

They were talking about an infection at one point when she couldn't pee.

Thank you Girls   you both are a bit of sunshine in my dreary days

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

My mom had dementia.  when she got a UTI, she would go totally off.  Introducing me as here 16 year old daughter. Not knowing where she was, even though she had been living with me for some time.  It is a scary time trying to figure things out.

• Like 1

@Opah just FYI the AZO helps with the pain and the symptoms

but that won't treat the infection if it is a UTI you need antibiotics.

Hopefully the hospital did a urine sample,because that is very common in the

elderly, but I have learned you have to be your own best advocate when it

comes to medical. You are welcome @Opah

• Like 2

We love them, care fore them and one day far to soon will have to say good bye to them.  We'll Cry and miss them and then one day far to soon, we will be introducing our adult children as 16 years old's and so it goes.

• Like 1

@Opah, that was just a sweet, kind, loving response.  I don't want to stay here for the finale if that means what I watched my Mom go through.  She passed at 90. I will be happy to go when my mind is gone.

I knew you were just a big teddy bear that carries a big gun. You had me fooled for a little while but now I know who you are!