I got eyes for you !

Opah

13 hours ago, Opah said:

So is it only good for you raw in the leafs, do the cook all the good out in a can?

It's my understanding that cooked spinach is better for you than raw spinach.  The cooking process does something that makes it easier for the body to absorb the nutrients in the spinach.  Admittedly, I don't really know how that works, but a couple of different nutritionist types that I trust have said the same thing.  These are guys I'll take at their word.

I whip up a pretty good Florentine omelet with spinach and feta cheese.  The better half cooks up toasted ravioli with spinach that is fine eating.

There are a lot of options with spinach.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Kris said:

Opah, that is great that your vision is so much better.  What about the other stuff, have you made an appointment to check on your breathing issues yet?

K

Plan to, right now 6 days, 60 hours a week Sunday thru Friday it makes it near to impossible to get to a appointment.  Believe me Between my wife and mother I will end up at the doctor for an appointment,  amazing how convincing woman that are close to you can be. 

Look, we do not know each other I am not gonna give you crap.  I had a husband that would not make time for the doctor either, I pleaded, begged and cried, so did his Mom.

Then later his Mother and I got to plead, beg and cry all over again when we lost him.

No job is more important than your life, just march in there tell the boss you have to take off and go to the doctor.

Sorry, I just gave you some crap 

K

Thank you and I understand what you are saying, and what my mom and wife are saying, the doctor, my nurse and I have spoken on these issues and they feel it is not a major issue.

I will get the time to go see them and then take all the test which is more time off and then go back and discuss the tests which is more time off.

I have my annual physical in February  shit it sound like I am speaking to my wife and Mom.  I will make an appointment,  Thank you for caring and for your advice it is not being blown off.

Thank you Kris  and all

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No problem, just know how sometimes men can be stubborn about going to the Doc.  Would not  want anybody not to get the care they might need. It is a pain in the ass and I hate it.  Getting older sucks, in your brain you still feel the same but your body says no you can't do that anymore.

Just take care of yourself!

• Like 3

Hey you all, got my issue back under control, the craves are no where to be felt and being a non smoker is as natural as it was to be a smokers to me.

I guess summer is over ?  Not in the heat but in the date,  The cooler months where the real smoker months, cool, cold, camp fires, hunting.

but this is the second time around for these triggers and I should have no issues with them.     Starting to collect non smoking hunting buds, it is much more fun with other people.  maybe I can get back to Deer hunting next season.

• Like 1

She's just to good to Be true, I got to hold her today smooth and dark.

Perfectly shaped and her weight is just right not too Heavy not too lite.  

I must wait 10 days before I can bring her Home to stay, Shower her with expensive accessories.  then a day out on the range, and see how well she struts her stuff, quite and demure with a soft report  she removes all that is in front of her.  clover leaf after clover leaf.

Edited by Opah
  • Like 1

You are very perceptive Kris, Yes it is, my new work of art, one of many fine tools I have to put Meat on the Table and Home protection.

47 minutes ago, Kris said:

I am guessing your new love is that gun you were talking about.  Take the Mrs. with you if you can when you test it.  Every woman should know how to use a gun if needed.

K

I totally agree Kris, Totally

well work is still being a bitch, excessive hours, and talk about forcing a change to the hours on my bid shift, and now issue about me taking time off after I get the shots in my eyes.

I came to work right after the last time and was in misery for 4 days, not this time.  I am taking the time off come hell or high water,  they want to push I can and will push back.

I won't have much time for here guys so if you do not hear from me, don't stress it.  I just have my hands full and need to get off of the train for the now

Edited by Opah

Hey Kris remember the pizza day we were going to have but didn't,

I can see us having a BBQ wild boar Day.  I can vacuum seal freeze and freezepack a chunk of Backstrap or tender lion and mail it to you.

So more into The week than out of the Week, I can pick up my BBAR tomorrow after 12:49,  But I should be at work abut that time.

So I will wait till Saturday at 11am, I am so excited I just can't hide it.

I know I know  I know I want it.

Opah,

You are just to sweet.  My husband had a friend who gave us wild hog when he hunted so I know how good it is.  My husband was not a hunter or fisherman. I grew up with it but I never cared for venison or even quail.  The only wild meat I had that I enjoyed was the hog.  That said, with my husband, my inlaws passed, my son grown with his own family I just don't cook like I used to just for one person. Thanks for thinking of me, that was very kind. 

I look forward to hearing your hunting stories.  They make me smile.

K

• 2 weeks later...

Well Goodness has started to come back into My life!

My job: I am back to My shift with My crew, the boss is still an ass but Shit happens.

I got my BBAR riffle and its optics, Tactical green dot with 10 rounds as fast as one can pull the trigger.

I will be able to be getting back to the Ranch and the Refuge.

And I am chowing down on a IN and OUT Burgers that was brought to me cooked and given to me free, Yes life can be good, yes it can

Edited by Opah
  • Like 1

Hi @Opah

I am happy that things are going so well for you.  It is just the simple things in life that bring the joy and calm.  I took myself out last week for a great burger.  It was so good, I hate going alone and never thought I could do things without my love but I have learned that sometimes I need a  treat, not good for me but it was not a smoke!

I do not work anymore but I miss the social contact I had at work.  Being around others that work hard, care about what they do is very wonderful thing to have.  I miss that! 

K

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 2:42 PM, Opah said:

I got my BBAR riffle and its optics, Tactical green dot with 10 rounds as fast as one can pull the trigger.

I will be able to be getting back to the Ranch and the Refuge.

I did a bit of target shooting this weekend.  Shot a .50 caliber Desert Eagle for the first time.  That gun does have some kick to it, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  That is one beefy handgun.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well I get another round of shots Tuesday, it has been a month and a 1/2 since the last injections.  they will be looking for any sign of swelling in side my eyes and if none we will go 2 months till the next shot.

we will keep extending the time between shots until we start to see some kind of swelling or it is felt they are not needed any more.

This Libre sensor is coming super handy being able to monitor my glucose in real time, any time I want has given me a huge advantage when it cones to eating and what to eat.

• Like 2