I got eyes for you !

Opah

Its Like waking up after a night of rain, The sky is Bluer than blue and the clouds are puffy and bright white, it hurts to look up at the beauty of sight.  Everything is crystal !

What a adventure, can you believe I was awake and watched them remove the Lens out of my eyes,  No patches afterwards,  No real Pain to speak of,  and every day my Vision gets Better and Better.

At my app yesterday I was reading the bottom line on the eye chart !

and my eyes are still getting better.   3 different eye drops for the next couple of months and it will all be done, I am so freaking excited and happy,  shit Happy doesn't come near how I feel.   If you have Cataracts  get them removed  give yourself a  Blessing !

• Like 7

Now that I can read a Tape Measure I am back to Getting my Game room remolded, my Laundry room and tiled painted, and My pool plumbing upgraded.

the extent that we depend on sight is what 90% of life, and I can say when its being taken away it effects you, big time.  Listen to me rant on, sounding like a ex smoker preaching the evils of nicotine.

But same as quitting and getting a new lease on life to have your sight restored is also a new lease on life.  I wear my sun glasses, safety goggles, face shield eye drops.  I am taking care of them and not taking my sight for granted.

I have quit smoking ! I have had my heart fixed ! I have had my eyes fixed, Damn this year was full of trials and blessings, my life has basically restarted at 62 years old !  you know just because you don't get sick very often and your not over weight doesn't mean you shouldn't get a yearly physical and Blood work.

I real easily could have not had to do any of this if I had just got the blood work every year and of course if I had never started smoking.

But then again My father died from a massive heart attack at 75, he never smoked, drank or used salt, was over weight But road a bicycle

60 plus miles a day for 20 or so years ?  

Wow listen to me second guess the benefits of being proactive with your health, I know what it is I still don't trust the pharmaceuticals and for good reason, and just like the police, doctors, mechanics, teachers, priests ( clergy ),  not all are Bad but enough of them are to stain the profession. 

Goodness I need to get back to my Positive state of Mind !  My life at this time is going pretty Damn good and I am ecstatic about where I am, how I am and where I am headed !

I have all you great people Walking with me thru this life full of support and caring.  I really do have a blessed life !

• Like 3

That sounds really Good, I think I will Have my third time around (3X21) Party.  BBQ Scallops and Tiger Shrimp Kabobs,  Ice cold Michelob ultra, dry salami, pepperoni, sharp cheddar appetizers.

Thank you Dave !   

• Like 2

Glad to hear all went well, @Opah! Good for you. As a retired healthcare professional, I agree that everyone should be proactive about their health. Regular checkups are important. If anyone on this forum has not been vaccinated against Covid, please make it a priority. Our lungs are already compromised, as ex- smokers, so we especially need to be safe from respiratory diseases. I am so happy, Opah, that you do, indeed, seem to have a new lease on life. 😊❤️

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

all is going very well with my eyes, shots have been extended to 6 weeks instead of a month.  my vision is so good they believe I do not need any prescription glasses.  I was told I can stop the prescription eye drops and just use the lubricating dry relief over the counter ones when needed. 

It use to take a couple days after the shots for my eye to feel and see better but here I am 7 hours later and reading and writing, my eyes feel a little fatigued but not much more than that.

Damn I am a happy camper. 

• Like 4

Eyes are ruff this morning, i really need to take that couple of days after to let them heal, feels like I had salt poured in my eyes this morning which is usual after the shots.

Need to get back to my normal schedule before the next go round, this is very uncomfortable.

Ok real question, I have a associate with a family issue,  He came to me for advice ?   but the advice I gave him sounded to also be good advice for me.  I was using a product called Focus Factor, Vitamins and minerals for the mind,  I was very impressed with the results when I was using them.

So I Google them and their they are Original, extra strength, and now with healthy vision additives.  HUMMM, I figure the extra is mostly extra money and it was the original that I liked and used.

But what about this Healthy vision ? man after everything I have just went thru How could I not take heed.

I do plan on purchasing a major amount of the focus Factor original, but for the difference of 10 cents a pill I could get the healthy eyes with it ?

They say:

Lutein and zeaxanthin are natural carotenoids that have been shown through structural and clinical studies to be concentrated in the macular segment of the retina. These carotenoids are not produced by the human body, and their accumulation in the eye is dependent on dietary intake.

Ok so what they are there, that could be a bad thing not a good thing, that is why the body does not product them?    OR

Yes I know carotene's are good for the eyes and we get them from carrots and other raw Root vegetables.  so is it worth screwing with a good formula to get something I would normally eat that has it ?   so Far I am doing a good job of talking my self out of it, Man I just really want to take care of me new found sight.  Really could use all of yours advice here.

1 hour ago, Opah said:

Ok real question, I have a associate with a family issue,  He came to me for advice ?   but the advice I gave him sounded to also be good advice for me.  I was using a product called Focus Factor, Vitamins and minerals for the mind,  I was very impressed with the results when I was using them.

So I Google them and their they are Original, extra strength, and now with healthy vision additives.  HUMMM, I figure the extra is mostly extra money and it was the original that I liked and used.

But what about this Healthy vision ? man after everything I have just went thru How could I not take heed.

I do plan on purchasing a major amount of the focus Factor original, but for the difference of 10 cents a pill I could get the healthy eyes with it ?

They say:

Lutein and zeaxanthin are natural carotenoids that have been shown through structural and clinical studies to be concentrated in the macular segment of the retina. These carotenoids are not produced by the human body, and their accumulation in the eye is dependent on dietary intake.

Ok so what they are there, that could be a bad thing not a good thing, that is why the body does not product them?    OR

Yes I know carotene's are good for the eyes and we get them from carrots and other raw Root vegetables.  so is it worth screwing with a good formula to get something I would normally eat that has it ?   so Far I am doing a good job of talking my self out of it, Man I just really want to take care of me new found sight.  Really could use all of yours advice here.

@Opah  My ophthalmologist recommended a eye vitamin called focus select. It has vitamin C,E,Zinc, Copper, outside and Zeaxanthin. Might 

want to look that one up and compare.

Focus Factor has Lutein and zeaxanthin, well maybe I should have?

Focus Select® utilizes the latest improvements discovered in AREDS2®, replacing beta-carotene with lutein and zeaxanthin and limiting zinc to the lowest dosage proven effective in the study. 

On 9/5/2021 at 3:10 PM, Opah said:

Spinach is rich in both lutein and zeaxanthin.

Spinach is a bona-fide "superfood."

Don't take my word for it.  Just ask this guy...

popeye the sailor man GIF

• Like 1